Managing Lichen planus

Posted , 5 users are following.

In December 2013 I was dagnosed with licen planus. It was all over my feet, soles, wrists, shins and arms. Last year I started seeing a naturopath who also practises homeopathy. She put me on a deep cell detox, I cut out sugar and white flour from my diet ( I wasn't as strict as I should have been) and also treated me homeopathically. I feel a lot better and better able to manage the lichen planus.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you think a naturopath could treat my LP vulva the same way? I am ready to try anything after a year of pain and distress and conventional medicine not working.

I am in New Zealand and already having some homeopathic treatment for IBS. 

Glad to see you are getting relief! 

• Posted

Like you I tried conventional medicine which failed to help. Which is whyI turned to naturopathic/homeopathic treatment. Sugar and white flour are deadly,
  • Posted

That sounds good! I prefer to go down the natural route as creams and steriods mask and thin the skin.  I have had Hypnotherapy one session and am going to have another and hoping this is going to help as was diagnosed this year and seems anxiety and things you need to let go of in the past can all contribute to the disease.  Obviously everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for another, but I am trying to stay positive and praying this works, as it drives you crazy when it itches all the time.
  • Posted

Please can anyone help with getting to sleep and itching with LP at night it is driving me crazy, taking piriton but does not seem to be doing too much? :-(
    • Posted

Have you tried a mild hydrocortisone cream from the pharmacy? Also please go to see your GP if not properly diagnosed as it could be other things and different treatments could help.
    • Posted

Yes diagnosed by GP Thanks! Took some Kalms so at least got to sleep
  • Posted

That sounds good, I prefer the natural remedies.  I have had Hypnotherapy twice and am hoping this will help as it is a lot more calmer and I am in a better place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.