Sciatica

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering with sciatica on and off for 3 years, but has anyone had where it not only affects the bladder and buttock but the vagina area as well. My hip and left side is a sickly ache and my leg is quite weak and feels numb. I have been doing my exercises but nothing is working I am taking naproxen 2 times a day at half dose. Can anyone tell me if they get the same....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I can definitely relate to the sickly ache, it gets to a point where I wish I could rip my leg off, I know that sounds a bit extreme but it really does get painful
    • Posted

Dawn I feel the same its not that it's really painful it's a gnawing ache, but it's my bladder that I worry about because it gets so irritated, I also have this gnawing ache in the left hip and I lip as well, I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis 20 years ago which has spread. Do you take any medication for your sciatica? I am taking naproxen but because it's nerve pain I think I need to try some gabapentin..

• Posted

Yes Lyn it's an annoying ache, I suffer with my left side too, when I wake up in a morning I have to wait for my legs to start working, my back is so painful too, I take codeine and relaxants but not together I have amitriptyline at night I'm waiting for a letter as been referred back to consultant

• Posted

I have been suffering with sciatica for just under a year now and i find it to be a horrid tightening burning pain going from my buttock right down my leg ending with numbness and altered sensation in my feet. I have just started using kinesiology tape to relieve some of the pressure along with my night time medication amitriptlyn. I suffer with pain in both my legs though mostly my right. I have yet to experience the effect on my bladder or bowels but I thought I might suggest kinesiology taping as a non medicated form of relief for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.