Help Please 15 year old

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi! I'm 15 years old and i have Molluscum Contagiosum. I recently just noticed this about two months ago. I think i've had it longer and i just never thought it was a big deal so i never said anything. I'm not sure how i even got this virus because i have never been sexualy active or shared towels and razers. I'm pretty positive it was because of cheer and dance due to the floors and how many people come and go there. After i started to notice it wasn't going away i told my mom and we started to research what i had and also asked a friend of ours who is a doctor what she thought i had and she said this virus. We didn't do anything at first because we thought it was just going to go away and also it was only at the top of my thigh where you couldn't see it if i wore skirts because i was still in school and it was getting a little hot outside. A few days later i started to see some more pop up and i told her. We started to look up how to treat it and keep it from spreading. My mom told her friend (the doctor) and she told us to try this soap and it didn't help after a few weeks of using it. I looked up other things and found Coconut Oil, ACV, and Tea Tree Oil. I am recently doing the tea tree oil treatment and it's been one week and i see little to none help but i am still hopeful and going to try till two weeks is up. It just sucks because i'm out of school and it's summer and i keep getting asked to go to the pool but i don't want anyone to see the bumps and i don't want them to spread even more. I am still trying to be positive about everything because i know its not the worst thing because it will go away but it just sucks to not be able to do what you want or not wear the clothes you want because of something so simple as bumps. I also feel like every time i try to treat it just spreads and gets worse but it is still on my thighs and two little ones on my arm. I guess what i want to know is How do i deal with my bumps in public? and If you know any more treatments that help?Thank you for reading!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My 2 daughters also had this right at the beginning of summer and wehad to make so many excuses to friends for not swimming. It is very upsetting and we sympathise with you for what you are going through.  Since it seems you only have a few localised spots you need to act quickly.  I tried the tea tree on both my daughter and it appeared to work, but I feel it just shrunk the spots but didn't make them disappear.  ACV is by far the most effective I feel.  I would pull a small bit of cotton off the end of a cotton bud, soak it in ACV, squeeze out excess and then apply it to the spot (make sure the cotton is about the size of the spot othewise it is harsh on your surrounding skin)  They try different bandaids and cover your spots, everyone of them, it's the only way!  The most subtle bandaids are then tan colored spot bandaids (which I used during the day). Then there are the sensitive banadaids (where I cut off the sticky part to keep the cotton in place, which I used overnight)

So I treated everyspot this way morning and night. A shower everynight, wash your clothing and towels each day.  

The ACV usually would take about 2-3 days for the spot to come to a head. You would know when to stop treating the spot as the little white head in the centre would be gone and the spot would leave a indentation.  

It took 6 months of doing this everyday with both my girls skin.  Make sure you have good light on your skin when looking for the spots, maybe have your Mom canhelp you look.  Light will show up every bump!  I used to have the girls lay on the bed and the light will come through the window and it was a more relaxed way of treating their skin.

If you have any other question, please ask.

• Posted

Thank you so much this gives me lots of hope. I will try this and keep everyone updated.
  • Posted

Hi Mayt,

Try to go to a dermatolgist and they use this sticky liquid to get each bump, it was hurtful for my son, but the fastest way to remove. His a wrestler and we do not have the 2 years for them to go away.

I am following the below,

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-to-successfully-get-rid-of-molluscum-contagiosum-285289

since they wouldn't treat the few he had on his forhead, yes it hurts and my little man is a champ.

We are experiencing the worst since if the wrong person finds out you have it they will make sure that everyone else knows.

My 7 year old is going through hell, but it is gone just waiting for the clearance from the dr. to go back to wrestling.

• Posted

Thank you so much. My mom told me we are definitely going to a dermatoligst soon.
  • Posted

UPDATE: Unfortunately the tea tree oil did not work for me so we went to the derm. At the derm they gave me a liquid Nitrogen treatment that didnt hurt at all and some tretinion cream and to come back in a month. I think the treatment is workin but its only been a day so ill update again soon.
  • Posted

My daughter has this on the back of her leg. I am using thuja oil and silver spray several times a day. One of big ones have gone red and crusty. I took the scab off and applied more thuja.. My daughter has had it over a year now..
  • Posted

UPDATE: After I got my treatments from the Derm 12 months ago the bumps went away by freezing them. I would go to the derm for checkups and to get rid of new ones. It has been a year and I have not seen them since but knock on wood they don't come back. If they do at least I know what works for me but there is some discoloration where the bumps were but are now going back to normal due to me tanning. Thank you for all your help! smile

• Posted

Did you have a lot of bumps? And they would just go away by freezing them? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.