detoxing from smoking

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 months stopped smoking after 35 years of a pkt a day. no cough. if there is no coughhow do my lungs detox... no cough prior to quit or after.......??????.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey, think yourself lucky! Seriously, your lungs are probably doing the job without the need to cough. Do some slow, deep breathing every day and if youre worried Im sure your GP would be happy to have a listen to your chest to reassure you that all is well.  
    • Posted

ok thanks .i do think i am lucky. esp that i actually could give up...i just thought i needed to cough all the rubbish up. mayb the body deals with the goo another way. that would b great..
    • Posted

I think you have done amazingly well to stop on your own. I could never have found the willpower, used Champix to stop. I had a cough after stopping, but it turned out to be whooping cough! Ive been stopped over two years, no cough, chest feels great, what a difference. I still think of having a ciggie, but know its too risky to even have one. 
  • Posted

I'm the same. Pack a day for years, quit cold turkey 2 months ago, but no cough before, no cough since, no black gunk coming up or anything. I guess not everyone gets that and your body can self-clean in other ways. At least, I hope!

• Posted

By the way, have you noticed an increase in evening fatigue since quitting? Any impact on allergies, if you have any? I find myself more tired in the evenings since quitting, plus my allergy flare up more often.
    • Posted

fatigue and brain fog shocking. still have headaches no allergy
    • Posted

Gosh, I wonder how long the fatigue lasts? After dinner, I get so sleepy these days that I often find myself dozing off on the sofa. I'm turning into my father, lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.