Quetiapine 100mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I feel like I'm such a mess. I was prescribed Quetiapine to help bring me down after taking SSRI antidepressants on their own and being almost hyper manic. I started on 25mg, and now I've been on 100 mg for two weeks. It worked really well to bring me down from my 'highs' I went from getting 2 hrs sleep to 8 hours. I'm now on a real low though and I just feel so stupid. I haven't been diagnosed with anything as of yet and this meds was just to trial. I feel stupid and worthless for even needing it to stabilise moods and I feel I should be able to cope without. any advice anyone? :-(

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry too much. Always takes time adjusting to new meds.  Quetiapine has been good for me-eyeryone different though of course.  As for the feeling stupid because you need to take medication-lots of us get this feeling.  i don't really know why-people with physical illnesses get fed up with their meds too but don't feel 'stupid' because they need them. perhaps it will help if you get a diagnosis and/or more information about your illness then you can start to see things in a different light and realise how strong you acutally are to be coping when not well. That's the theory anyway! Wish you all the best with this!

• Posted

Thankyou for your reassurance. there's so many scare stories of this type of medication. Im not sure if I'm perhaps quickly forgetting just how bad I was before starting it and not realising how far I've come etc. The thing that put me off was being told that I do not have to take any medication if I don't want to, it made me think I was weak for taking it I suppose but then later told I would be taking this meds indefinitely :-/ it's quite a scary thought.

• Posted

Hi Saphhire..i'm starting this tonight....I never SLEEP...So I'm hoping it works.

I found your post reassuring that you said you got 8 hours sleep.  I was started on 25mg for tonight.

I was thinking of taking half because I'm sensitive to medicine.

As far as you feeling "stupid" on medication....I did too...years ago...but a long time ago...I accepted...SOME PEOPLE NEED medication.

I am one of those people...because when I am not on it...I am crazy.  Some of our brains truly are not wired correctly and the medications stabilize our brains....try to look at it that way instead of you being "stupid".  You are actually "smart" for recognizing that you need to try these drugs to feel BETTER.

Although over the years..not many of them have worked long term for me...but I also don't always take them as prescribed...I am desperate enough NOW to take them as prescribed (at 52).

• Posted

Thanks for your reassurance, I really need to try and look at it this way because TBH, if I try and go without I will probably trash my life without much difficulty. How did you get on with the sleep? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.