Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with Pulmonary fibrosis. I was put on oxygen and started to watch my life go down the drain. Then I read about the wonders of vitamin C and started taking 1000 mgs. 3 times daily. I saw a good improvement. Around the same time I bought a finger oxygen monitor from Walmart as I felt that the constant mucous and phlegm was being exaberatted by the oxygen that I was on 24/7. So I started weaning myself off oxygne for ( at first)  2-4 hrs a day. At the same time I read a very inspiring book E squared by Pam Groff which hypothesised that you can fix anything in your body if you believe you can and with constant positive focus. Well to cut a long story short, my oxygne levels increased to such a degree that my Respiroligist changed my diagnosis from Pulmonary Fibrosis to Eisonphilic Pheumonia...He has since changed the diagnosis again and I am now fairly sure he just does not really know what to make of my condition. I am not entirely out of the woods yet...still occasionally suffer a drop in oxygen and have to use it. I have still have mucous drainage, although nothing like as bad as it was. I am still prone to infections and have to go on a cousrse of antibiotics, but on my good days I can stroll around the block without my oxygen, and do some household chores....I hope some will find this helpful...You have to take controll and believe that with God's help you can become better.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Many thanks for posting your journey.. my mum has been diagnosed with the same about an year and half ago & she has been on pirfinedone along with a lot vitamin supplements. She has been using Vitamin C but not so much as 1000 mg 3Xdaily. Did you have any side effects of the high dosage at any point?  Truly inspiring to know that you have taken things into your control for the better. Keep up the spirit & best wishes - sirisha 

• Posted

Thanks Swastya    No big problems with Vit C apart from more b movements in the first couple of weeks...I should add that a month ago a  naturapath advised me to go off sugar completly and also off dairy and gluton....For a chocaholic like me this was VERY difficult....but I really do want to get better so I have now been 2 weeks sugar free and my breathing is 60% better than it was. I am struggling a bit with the gluton and dairy and am not (so far rigid on this.....Sugar was the big thing....Thank goodness for STEVIA  a really good sugar supplement....Hope this helps...Cathal
    • Posted

Cathal, good to know. Thanks for sharing. My mum cut down on sugar completely and has seen some good changes too. Dairy is the same for her, she cannot completely come off it. Once again, wishing you the very best in your journey! As someone said, it'll all be good at the end, & if it isn't yet.. it's not the end!!  Stay motivated smile

• Posted

Thanks for your info. I'll try the vitamin C. I'm 82 years old and IPF for number of years.   I have two serious problems with it. First is an ongoing cough which can degrade into a fairly strong session perhaps lead into vomiting. The second is weight-loss. I've lost 15 pounds in about a year and a half going from 220 to 175. I don't even know if they're related  to IPF. I will try the vitamin C hoping that it helps. I have found Hydro coda own helpful in suppressing my cough but I try not to use it too often.  The weight-loss is very worrisome. 

• Posted

Directions to George's text.   Weight loss is 50 pounds.  Hydro coda own is Hydrocodone.

george

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.