I had a TIA about 4 days ago. And.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am taking Atorvastatin after dinner and Clopidogrel after breakfast. The thing is, I took one earlier at breakfast about 7 or 8 hours ago. I felt some numbness in my neck and the back of my head. And with dizziness and like vomiting until now which is 3 in the afternoon. Is this side effect normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would ring your GP to determine what might be causing the

symptoms, as they seem quite severe.

• Posted

Get an Urgent Appointment with GP and explain Symptoms

to reception so they understand it is urgent to be seen.As waiting for replies here

is not so good as people on the forum are not professionals  dont worry about contacting them either ,thats what we pay them for!

It could just be a side effect to the medication.

But if you still feel these symptoms  or they get worse can call paramedic

to be seen at ER ,not trying to stress you or worry you either.

Speak to GP as soon as you can..Ask about other options other than statins.

Also You may be on Clopidogrel for the type  TIA

Best of Health and Good Luck for the future.

Let the forum know how things are.

• Posted

Hi JanPulido,

As recommended go see your GP just in case, but yes what you have experienced is side effects from Clopidogrel, how ever they are uncommon.

Uncommon side effects: Headache, stomach ulcer, vomiting, nausea, constipation, excessive gas in stomach or intestines, rashes, itching, dizziness, sensation of tingling and numbness

• Posted

Hi Jan, no its not normal I have lots of patients on both of the meds your on-ring emergency and get straight to the hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.