Relief from anal fissure/hemorrhoid via home acupuncture

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just wanted I share this since all the online forums have helped me so much. Am suffering from anal fissure or internal hemorrhoids (haven't gone to doctor yet for diagnosis) as a result of constipation and probably some inflammatory bowel disease (runs in my family). Awful pain during and after bm etc. am using all the home remedies (cayenne, garlic, castor oil, coconut oil, turmeric, juicing) and over the counter stuff too (home enemas till I'm more regular, some senna tea, some prep-H, some miralax/dulcolax during acute beginning) and cleaning up diet and general stress/self-care stuff which I think will be key for future (meditation yoga tai chi to keep gut relaxed) BUT I wanted to share what had actually given me the absolute greatest relief so far.

I wouldnt have done it if I wasn't desperate (you know staying at home bc of discomfort rather than being active) and I am so glad I did. I have used acupuncture in the past for all sorts of problems and after going to acupuncturists a long time have read about It and regularly put some needles in myself on very common acupuncture spots or in very sore muscle areas (never near organs, I have read about someone puncturing their lung or kidney so for areas that can access organs I let the professional do it.. Tummy is fine though I have found, for me).

But as I realized my - well basically my anus -- is in a state of spastic freakout and irritation and shock, I realized acupuncture would be the best way to get the tissue to calm down. I googled "anal fissure" and "hemorrhoid" and "acupuncture" and a few key points came up, mostly quite close to the anus- one between anus and perineum, one between anus and coccyx, and then some along the line from coccyx up through sacral vertebrae as well as a few centimeters to right or sacral vertebrae. So, I put in needles there (I get them online). I cant even tell you how immediate and amazing the relief was. Only in such a situation would your whole body sigh relief after putting needles right around your anus, but I swear, it was like immediate relief to the tissue. They say acupuncture works by creating small wounds which increases blood flow and just gets the body to go to that area of the small tiny wound created by the needle and start healing. I have felt it in other contexts and absolutely here- I felt this tingling sensation and just a feeling of relief of pressure in the area.

I did it for the first time last night, and already his morning the area was much easier to rub with oil, much less painful to touch, honestly the tissue seems a little healed. and then I did another set of needles in same place this morning and also a little massage with oil around the area after. It really feels like such relief and like it is getting the tissue healing. Some of the acupuncture sites I read (just from googling "amal fissure" and acuouncture) talked about twice daily sessions so I am gonna do that, leaving needles in for about 25 min each time.

I wanted to share this in case it can help anyone else. I hope this can get me over the acute phase so I can start really being careful re diet for long term recovery.

Hope this helps someone! Cheers

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa.i have thought about needles but never tried them. Went to chinese medicine dr.but he gave me herbs to clean my liver.after one month i was jn the same pain. I think i would be worried that i stick the needle in wrong point.but i get the idea with ghr blod flow

• Posted

Yeah I hear you re worry. But in my personal experience and opinion- and this is totally solely mine- I don't know if I think the exact precise point is so important as long as it's a generally safe area and you are going slow and paying attention to how it feels. There is a needling technique called "dry-needling" that doesn't pay attention to classical acupuncture points at all nor require any knowledge other than general medical anatomy, that subscribes to just putting needles in muscles that are in some kind of irritated state. I think doctors and nurses can learn it in like a weekend. And there's a million different systems of Acuouncture points. In China people do it to their family members informally all The time. So I used the acupuncture points I googled as a basic guide and idea, but I wasn't too worried if I was a few centimeters off, as long as I'm not near organs like Lung or kidney (though acupuncturists have told me they don't worry about touching organs and had learned in school that it can be good to prick them a little (not lungs of course), and the horror stories I had read about were actually from acupuncturists not someone using needles on themselves.

Anyway, Tl dr, I don't worry personally too much about the exactly right point as long as it's in the right area or line. But I am sure an acupuncturist would put needles in those actual points near the anus of the client wished and wasn't uncomfortable with it, and damn they were effective!

• Posted

I'm glad your own treatment of acupuncture helped you. However, I'm not sure this would work for everyone. I had Anal fissures for at least two years, and had several medications, and talk of an Anal stretch operation! However, my Anal fissures were caused by noting more than dehydration, so I simply drank at least 3 pints of water a day, and they went in a week or so. There are several causes of Anal fissures, and the main one is hard stools / constipation. If that is the cause of anyone's fissures, then drinking lots of extra water will stop the stools becoming firm, which causes tearing of the anus (fissures ) hope you are better now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.