2 Year Chronic Anal Fissure + Von Willebrand

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, 

I'm a 28 year old female who is otherwise in good health (I exercise regularly, I eat very healthy/am a vegetarian, and I drink tonssss of water). 

I've had anal fissures on and off for the past two years. Last year, I had anal dilatation as well as two treatments of infared coagulation. This was after giving rectiv a try. After about 3 months of being fissure free, they ended up coming back. 

I have been seeing a new GI for the past four months an he has me on this ointment that he has specfically made for fissures that is apparently different from Rectiv. It's helpful in healing my fissures, but doesn't necessarily stop new ones from forming ones the old ones heal. 

I should also add that I have IBS-C which, of course, impacts my stools. I recently started taking Linzess for the constipation, which has helped tremendously with my BM's. Unforunately, the fissures continue to perssit. 

I also have a mild form of VonWillebrand (blood clotting disorder) and I wonder whether or not that impacts the chronic nature of my fissures. I wonder if anyone on here also has both chronic fissures and VWD? Otherwise, does anyone have any other recommendations for things to do to help with the fissures?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I got same problem. Hammoroids plus fissure n sking tag was removed a week ago. I ve done 4 procedures but useless. I am hoping the recent one should help me. I think the best way is to live with this and control diet. Or go for a full surgery. I got few natural methods. I can't explain much here.

Regards

• Posted

Yeah, at this point maybe I should get the surgery. I have an appointment with my GI on Monday so we will see what he says. Thanks for the reply!
    • Posted

If you got hammoroids then go for full surgery don't opt for small procedures. I opted for minor surgery and still suffering. Minor procedures will take you no where better suffer one time with full surgery. If you need to control with diet do contact me I will tell you what to do.

Regards

• Posted

Would VW knock surgery completely out of the question? I've been a chronic sufferer for 12 years. Had LIS surgery 17 days ago. Went back for post op check up 2 days ago and the Dr. (Or myself) couldn't e happier. I went back to work yesterday doing construction and between yesterday I've climbed a ladder 100 times and could NOT feel better. Using the bathroom like a champ (or really a normal person) and I am still in disbelief. I can't believe the amount of pain I put my self through over a simple 20 minute surgery. I feel so like I had a great surgeon who did a good job so it's easy for me to push the LIS onto others. I'd heard a few horror stories but the way I was living was a horror story of its own. I knew I had to take th chance. So far it's been the best decision I've ever made.

• Posted

I'm not sure if it would, but I think it's just something that the doctors would need to monitor and, potentially, give extra medications. When I got my tonsils taken out, I bled a lot more than the average patien (which was how the diagnosis of VW was giben)t but was given meds to assist with blood clotting and that helped immediately. I imagine it would probably be something similar to that. That's great that the LIS was helpful for you!!! Thanks for sharing your story. 

• Posted

I think blood clot is not good.if i understood well one of the things why the fissure wont heal as there is no blood flowing into it.not as much as it should.
  • Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

5. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle

I personally got the sphicteronomy surgery and have been better since. If you are interested in getting surgery and in my surgery experience, feel free to message me.

Hope you feel better!

• Posted

Hi Marcus!thank you for your positive note!its good to hear that some people do get better because when you are not well you are in such a dark place not seeing aclight at the end.and now that I am looking after my toddler i need to be fit.botox tomorrow so fingers crossed.
    • Posted

Good luck with the botox. The fissure, as bad as it hurts, is as much a mental struggle as a physical one. Have faith that it will get better over time!

My prayers are with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.