Apple Cider Vinegar

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone tried Apple Cider Vinegar for IBS

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelly, Have not tried apple cider vinegar for IBS..  I do take 1 tablespoon of vinegar, diluted in water to help burn off fat (after food).. It has been used of over 2000 years & found to be an effective treatment with skin infections, heart disease, cholesterol, sinus, diarrhea & diabetes..  Come to think of it,  my IBS is no where near as bad as it was 5 years ago.. You could be onto something here Shelly idea

• Posted

Just starting taking it today been going through a bad flare up for about a month heard about this from a friend gonna give it a try it taste really bad but what not 
    • Posted

Cant wait to see how you go with it Shelly..  Its like downing smelly sock water.. Some people suggested mixing it with honey, but Im unsure if that was for the sore throat combo.. arrrr just down it like a champ hun eek

• Posted

I love the taste of it! razz And my digestive symptoms have improved.

• Posted

Yes I mix it with Liquid Stevia but it still taste terrible does anyone know about it with reflux it really burns going down 
    • Posted

You should take it with a glass of water, either a spoonful then the water or in the water. I use it if I get heartburn, or sometimes bicarbonate of soda.
    • Posted

It can be used with apple juice or in a warm 4/6 oz glass of water and add honey and baking soda 1/2 tsp. do not drink straight.

• Posted

You can make a larger size and add more water and vinegar. Sip on it after meals. See if that helps. Keep trying different natural remedies to avoid the prescription drugs whic only makes things worse.
  • Posted

You can research this for the condition you have. It works for some but not all.
    • Posted

I have IBS reflux and Hitial hernia. So I'm trying this out and also Aloe Vera juice as all of is all natural should be ok 

• Posted

Eat sourkraut and drink some of the juice too. Don't buy canned. Buy fresh like in a jar. I have a hernia too. I use anti acids to help and a little baking soda in water too. All natural.

• Posted

I don't like sourkraut but have you ever tried Kifir just started that to it got probiotics in it 

• Posted

Yeah, hard to eat sourkraut sometimes. I tried the apple cider vinegar too, a shot with some water daily using a straw as to not harm tooth enamel. But my throat and tongue is too raw. I did aloe Vera juice for a while, I think it helped too, a shot before I ate in morning. But what has helped most is probiotics (pill and some plain no sugar yougert) and MSM flakes.  I really feel it's healing my stomach. And lemon in my water sometimes. I couldn't take the lemon before when my mouth was too raw. Also, meditation. wink 

• Posted

I take probiotics don't seem to help been on them for about a year what is Msm flakes ?.i do the yogurt and just started doing Kiefer thanks for the info

• Posted

I have been a bad flare up for over a month can't seem to heal my stomach this this time I have lost 10 pounds I weigh 85 pounds and am only 4,11 I am underweight this is whipping me any help on what I could eat I am also Diabetic 

• Posted

MSM is methylsulfonylmethane

Make sure the probiotics have 12-50 billion active cells, refrigerated is more potent. Balance your foods, acid verses alkaline, whole foods. Many foods are hard on our gut, sugar, gluten, grains, ... Perhaps your body needs a break? 

I also sip buttermilk before I eat something that might be too acidic. 

Also, eat fruits mostly in mornings. 

I thought about supplement L-glutamine, but read it might have interaction with the Prednisone I'm on. 

Making salad dressing with apple cider vinegar is nice. Also consider anti inflammatory foods??? 

Gosh, sorry you are diabetic too, I was considered borderline since my hypoglycemia is so bad, but the no gluten, grains, dairy, sugar diet helps that tremendously. 

• Posted

Dang it...moderated...what word triggered it? 
    • Posted

You can send me private message

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.