still no results

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi its been almost 27 days since my ployectomy removel prosedure and not heard a thing even phoning the secrectory at the hospital.and gp.do you aoways get a letter of what they have found or not found.or if theres nothing to report the dont bother going mad.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Shirley,it's been over 4wks since my colonoscopy where they took biopsy`s and I haven't heard anything yet either.I have booked an appointment with doc next week to see if anything has gone to her!!

It's a worry as you say.

• Posted

hi i rang up docters and she said nothings come to her but they say if anything wrong you would hear within 7 to 10 days but still make me feel any more better.
    • Posted

hi heather i rang gp today still nothing back it can take 6 weeks they said omg
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,,sorry I took so long to reply I have been away!I have an appointment with my doctor next week so im hoping to get some results/feedback then.

It is such a worry as you say as I still have the symptoms that prompted the colonoscopy and biopsys in the first place!!

• Posted

hi at least you have been away which would have took your mind off things thats good are in the uk.theres still nothing back for me.i am thinking that they only write if theres a problem.did you have a bleeding polys removed lik me.?
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,

Being away didn't take my mind off as I'm still bleeding every time I go to the toilet sad

Didn't have bleeding polyp`s but they took two biopsies during the colonoscopy which I have had no results for although they said I would hear in 2/3 weeks and it's now been 6wks!

Will be asking my doc next wk to find out for me.

• Posted

Hi heather arnt we a pair eh so sorry to hear that perhaps they didn't find anything and it may be something simple making you bleed at a bm lm trying so hard to keep sane but I know how you feel waiting for the postman or dreading the phone to ring please let us know how you get on at the docs good luck may I ask how young you are x

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

Yes we are a pair of many pairs in a similar position I'm afraid smile but I'm thinking positive as someone said no news is hopefully good news!

Not a youngster at 61 but certainly not past my sell by date yet....lol! x

• Posted

Hi again sorry pressed button before i had finished I'm 64 tomorrow ??so not much in it we will both be fine and your problem will get sorted soon keep smiling x

• Posted

Lol! smile

Happy birthday for tomorrow Shirley.

Enjoy yourself and have a brilliant day!!!

And agreed...we will both be fine!!

:D x

• Posted

hi im asuming youve not been to gp yet or had any postal results nore have i i hope you are a bit better in your continuing problem.i give up.
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,

No not been to the docs yet,I had an appt for tomorrow (thurs 21st)but had to cancel and make another one for next friday 29th which I will definately be attending.

I havent heard a thing its a joke!

Dont give up though its your health so keep pushing them..I am!

PS..Apart from the above,I hope you had a lovely birthday last week  smile  

Ps...Hope you had a lovely birthday last week  smile  

• Posted

Sorry didnt mean to post the birthday greeting twice!!!....

• Posted

Hi my birthday was just another day thankyou seems as we get older the less prezzies we get lol.??I don't think we will get a answer as we are ok. Do you live in the Midlands UK as wonder which hospital you went to.are you still with the problem as bleeding can still appear up to so many weeks?

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your best wishes for my visit to the GP.I have had a really bad week with my problem and its getting worse.Hopefully there will be some sort of result for me tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.x

• Posted

hi heather tought of you toda at the gp hope everythings ok and you got some results at last i havent  please let me know xx
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,

Dr has given me powder to loosen my stool,suppositeries and an anal cream!..all of which I have had before colonoscopy and they did nothing and thats why I was referred for one...Dr has now referred me for a scan and told me to phone the hospital to tell them my worries re continued symptoms.

I plan to do this on monday but I feel that Im not being believed at how bad my bleeding is and also other symptoms of bloating,constipation,diarrhea not to mention severe pain some of the times when I try to go and the time it takes to do it!

As I said to the doctor I know my body and something is very wrong even though the colonoscopy revealed nothing untoward.

Dr also informed me that a colonoscopy can not see the whole of the bowel and perhaps I should have a sigmoid which shows a bit more!..

Feeling somewhat confused now as to why I wasnt told this as I feel I need my bowels examined especially in the light of my symptoms and I thought this is why I was given a colonoscopy for. x

• Posted

oh dear heather carnt understand why you dident have a sigmiod that is the first part of your bowel that includes your anus and back passage ect.they should do that first then if things arnt fixed they do a full colon into the large bowel.seems back to front .did she have your results back from the biopsys.or not.if so why dident she tell you ? so sorry your still suffering and hope you get sorted soon x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.