Second surgery on

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all. I am post op by 6 months for a hallux valgus procedure. Saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago and she said I still have some swelling and that my foot will straighten a little further. She now said that I have to have the second foot done as it is in bad shape. Has anyone else had second surgery and did you cope better second time around? I am nervous and am on wait list for the surgery.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Me too but waiting to see how the first one heals.
    • Posted

Haven't had the second one done as two weeks ago I fractured my second toes on my first operated foot and am back in boot.

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

What did your surgen mean by saying that your foot will straighten a little further? Wasn't it straight after the procedure?

• Posted

I was told that my big toe still had some room to move over and it should. No it wasn't perfect to start with.

• Posted

I had a second surgery on my foot yesterday, I had an atkin Osteotomy on my big toe and a tendon release on second and third toe, unfortunately my second toe went floppy after the operation and a fell the second week after my operation and broke it, thus making my big toe bent again.. Yesterday I had a lesser operation to straighten my big toe and had the second and third toe fused...it's all bandaged up at the moment so I can see very little. 

• Posted

Goodness you sound like me. Haven't had the second one done as two weeks ago I fractured my second toe on my first operated foot and am back in boot.

• Posted

It's been a year since my operation as I had to have my achellis tendon don on the other foot lol.. 

I must confess that I'm in a bit more pain today than I was yesterday and I'm dreading the next six weeks xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.