Thinking of changing to Paroxetine. Any good success stories?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on Setraline for about 9 years (150mg was the best dose for me in the end) but then I got really ill last September and it seemed to lose its effect. I have tried Fluoxetine but it gave me headaches, then went onto Citalopram which I was ok on after three months on 20mg but then it lost its effect too into the fifth month. I am now on Mirtazapine to help me sleep but it makes me drowsy the next day and I still have no motivation.

A friend of mine is on Paroxetine and she says its brilliant. She's been on it for years. Has anyone got any success stories?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been on it Paroxetine for 2 years now and it's the only thing thats worked for me to be honest. Non of them are mircle drugs but it gave me at least some stablity in my life. I would not recommend very high doses throught because that just made me feel passive.

• Posted

I would never recommend anyone to go on any of the SSRI antidepressants.  I came off Paxil 5 years ago after having endured it on and off for 15 years. I'm glad I did it.  I'll never do another antidepressant in any form again ! I feel better and I feel more alive and free from the adverse effects!.  Yes, I have depression but the side effects of antidepressants are worse than the depression itself. In fact most of the time is causes worse depression in many people and other adverse effects such as suicidal thoughts, violent tendencies, and jitterty nerves, insomnia, restlessnes...just to name a few . I experienced them all. I no longer have any faith in phamacology as an answer to this.  Listen to your body  and brain.  These medications are very brain disabling over time.  There are no long term or reiable studies done to verifiy the efficacy of anti-depressants...and no studies on the long term effects.......good luck . 

• Posted

Sorry for delayed response. I recommend Paroxetine if you have anxiety problems as well as depression. It saved my life! But we are all different, obviously. I've been on it since 1994. I took Mirtazipine a couple of years ago as well. (After having a breakdown). It did help, but I was worried about weight gain (common side effect). So came off it after a while. Still take Paroxetine. Had to increase to maximum dose after breakdown. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.