Is this herpes or yeast infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had sex for the first time round about May time. Me and the guy used condoms the whole time we were having sex. However after every encounter I would leave with my vagina feeling extremely itchy and like it was burning. My vagina would burn every time I had to pee. About two weeks ago I had sex with someone else and at some point he penetrated me without a condom briefly. Fast forward two weeks later and I'm noticing these thrush inside my vagina could I have contracted herpes?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If he wasn't having an outbreak when you had sex, then it probably isn't herpes. My vote is on thrush/yeast infection. You have the burning, itching, irritation and sometimes dryness. You can get medicine over the counter to treat a yeast infection, however if it's your first and you're worried about it, maybe you should see a doctor. 

Have you taken any antibiotics recently?

• Posted

Hi there thanks for your reply. I haven't taken any antibiotics recently or anything like that. Do you really think it's a thrush? Are they usually sexual lyrics transmitted?

• Posted

No problem. I would say it's thrush but you never know. It can be sexually transmitted but that's on rare occasions.

I had a urinary tract infection last week which they put me on antibiotics for. Antibiotics caused me to have a yeast infection. So, I'm still trying to get that under control with medication from the doctor. But, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Get yourself checked out. It can come from a large number of things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.