Urticaria due to sunlight, including related symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with Urticaria when my skin is exposed to the sunlight (even wearing the highest protection suncream) for which initially I have been prescribed antihistamines long term.

I also get stomach pain when I eat Eggs, Bananas or if I take Vit D suppliments, I believe both Eggs and Bananas contain Vit D, too. As sunlight is also a way of getting Vit D into my body, is there a relation here? Eggs, Bananas and Vit D suppliments do not cause any form of Urticaria, but they do cause me stomach pain. Whilst my doctor has acknowledged all these problems, I haven't really had a definitive answer as to whether there is a high chance of relation between these conditions, Vit D being the key in my opinion?

Anyone else have the same issues?

Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just had my second bout of utucaria and thank god it has cleared up, I put mine down to stress, doctors wouldn't help I kept on taking my Ceterizine and bought aveeno skin relief which was a god send! I checked my other medication which was my pill and a side effect was if you suffered with utucaria it enhanced it! My doctor didn't bother to check this! I came off pill and I day by day de stressed at my new job and no utucaria, doctors don't have a clue what to do about Utucaria & angiodema which is what I had, if I don't take my Ceterizine which I have took for 10 yr now I can't breathe and I feel like I get a cold & my lips or eye swells!

• Posted

Interesting! Seewhen I was a child I had Eczema, and I get that back when I'm stressed, but I only get Urticaria through exposure to sunlight and it doesn't even come on straight away like people suggest, I've known it take upto 3 days and then last upto 7 days from then on.

I have been experimenting with Cetrizine also and today I purposely ate eggs to see if the Cetrizine helped in that area too and guess what? No stomach pain.

This is a picture of my Urticaria from sunlight exposure on my forearm, it's quite unique.

• Posted

Hi

I dont know about eggs, but i do eat on average at least 1 Banana a day sometimes more as i dont know what to eat with this urticari, as like a detective you try to see what may of triggered it,,  seem like what ever i eat i still get it, with me i start to feel tired about 9pm and you get little signs of it, then during the night you wake and you know it is there all over, then when i get up and get  dressed i can see it, & you can feel the lumps through my jeans,

Have breakfast take the dog for a hour fast pace walk although i dont feel like it,

Then i notice it starting to go smooth not lumps on the skin,, have a bath seems to help, go to work focus on other things and i manage the day, which come 9pm approx at repeats itself, if i have it on my face mouth swollen i dont go out,,

I think we all ask ourself what is causing urticari especially cronic, and where do we go from here, as taking the antihistamines is like smarties. i have not seen any Dermatologist only had full blood test which were normal,

• Posted

Hi mrpdjoyce

I guess, like me you have never studied anything else as much as urticria to clear it up. Have you looked into agioedema?

I'm not sure if you've seen my discussion (adrian33667), but I'm trying to look at various possible triggers hives and hopefully solutions.

I'm wondering if medication might be affecting the immune system. Its worth researching that. Have you tried a 1 day water only detox to try and flush out the intestine?

I hope this helps. Good luck!

• Posted

My angiodema is stress related I wasn't on any medication when it started I know it's stress related

• Posted

Hi ali. Mine is stress related too. But stress can be caused by chemical imbalance... That's particularly common with people diagnosed with stress that don't really have any reason to be stressed. Poor diet is a major cause. The body struggles with bad food which causes tiredness and your system is battling all the time. I suggest you look at your lifestyle. Note when you eat, what you eat, when you rest. Little factors that are unhealthy but regularly followed takes its toll. The good news is that the body is amazing and can turn things round in a few days once you identify and rid yourself of bad habits. For me, it's eating late and eating junk like pizzas or a curry before going to bed. This caused the body to work overtime when it should be resting. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.