need help on how to eliminate vulvovaginitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

am 22years old now and have suffered from the condition for 7yrs now.have tried to visit my doctors and all have told me the same thing to maintain my hygiene,diet change and use of nystatin and labstatin tabs which are inserted.have used the tabs and have relieved me from the itching,redness,inflammation but the infection still exists.i need help on how treat the infection completelythank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

In what way is the infection still affecting you?

Are you abstaining from using hygiene products high in soap content? A good thing for me was using feminine wash with a low pH.

Have you tried any antifungal, antibiotic or antibacterial creams? Are you coming into contact with anything you may be allergic to? Also, some forms of birth control can also increase the chances of developing conditions such as yours due to the hormones they release. This might also be worth looking into. It may also be worth asking your GP or doctor if there are any alternative oral tablets. Taking this in addition to the creams may have a better effect.

I know this may seem a bit broad, but these are the things which tend to work best. I'm surprised your vaginal suppositories haven't worked though.

• Posted

thank u so much nursing girl72.i have tried to buy levobact which is an antibiotic for the bacterial infection that i was diagnosed with the last time i visited the doctor they are oral tabs but the white milky discharge still seen and the lower abdominal pain that i used to experience is now gone am trying to find stronger antibacterial tabs.
    • Posted

I'm glad to hear the pain has gone. Have you tried any creams?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.