What we did and it worked!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Years ago my grandkids developed this. We brought them to the doctor and because of their ages he was hesitent to burn them off with chemicals or whatever they used. I kept researching about it and found a story of a woman that had a small daughter with the same thing. She took her to swim in the ocean on vacation and at the end of the week noticed the 'spots' were gone. She attributed it to the salt water. I ran to the store and got a bag of Epsom salts and for one week the kids played in the tub daily. By the end of the week the spots were dried up and gone. I also want to note that the back of my granddaughter's leg was all discolored from pink to almost white. All of that has disappeared and her leg looks absolutely normal. You would never know the kids had this. I just hope this works for everyone out there - a very inexpensive answer and it works fairly quickly. 

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi thank you for the advice! I was wondering if this is safe for younger children? My daughter is 2.5 and hers are spreading 😕 ive tried lots of different recommendations but nothing has worked. Also how much of this salt do I put in? Would any salt do or the specific one u mentioned? Look forward to hearing back from you.
    • Posted

I just saw this post - I don't know if I already told you but at the time the children were 2, 4 & 5. 

• Posted

I'm so glad I found this post! Will buying this tomorrow as my 4yr old is slowly it surely starting to taken over by these things! Been to doctors twice and they just say ride it out, which is hard if they just carry on spreading? Will keep you posted if it works ????

• Posted

Hi, did the salt in the bath work? I'm dealing with this with my 7 year old.

• Posted

We've just had glorious weather so we've spent the last 3 days at the beach with lots of time in the sea. Guess what! A patch on my daughters arm went bright white, ive kept it loosely covered to stop the spread and now 2 have dropped off....there's still a few more in the patch which look like they're going to follow ?? will be purchasing some of this salt, surely can't be a coincidence. Please can u advice How much I should put in the bath?

• Posted

How much you put in depends on how much water you put into the tub but here's what I did. First off, the water cannot be really warm because this 'virus' thrives on that and it should be just warm enough to be comfortable for the kids. I put about 4 inches of water into the tub (more or less ... I didn't measure) and I put 1 1/2-2 cups of epsom salts into the water and dissoved it. I tried to  make it like the ocean salt water. We let the kids play in the tub for as long as they wanted (well... at the most was an hour) but we were surprised at how this treatment worked with no meds. I hopeit works for all of you.

• Posted

Thanks for the info, I would have put a couple of tablespoons in haha so really appreciate you getting back to me ?? I also didn't realise that regarding the water temp. Can't wait to get these horrible things gone. I'll keep you posted x

• Posted

We used this method on 3 children and it worked quickly on all of them. I hope it works for you. Breaks my heart thinking of doctors actually putting chemicals or whatever on them to burn them off!! Please post your results. :D
    • Posted

*update* I've been using epsom salt in my daughters bath for just over a week, we've gone through 5kg of it and unfortunately it hasn't worked for us ?? would love to hear if it's worked for others though x

• Posted

Are you putting too much water in the tub and is she in it for a while? We let the kids play in the tub for at least an hour and sometimes several times a day. I would keep doing it. It may take a little time, but it sure beats chemicals.
  • Posted

I've only started today, so will kee you posted but from reading the other posts, I think I should have done a shallower bath? I did run it hot, put the salt in to resolve then let it cool down before my 4 year old got in? Think that is ok?

• Posted

As long as your child is not put into the bath too warm. This virus seems to thrive on the warmer water. 
  • Posted

This is going to cost a fortune in Epsom salt ha!
    • Posted

I'm not sure where you are but Epsom Salt is very cheap here. We did go through a lot of it (especially with 3 children!!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.