i have polycystic ovaries i think i might have diabties?

Posted , 2 users are following.

so about a month a i was diagnosed with PCOS and they gave me a drug called orlistat to help with my weightloss as i have anxiety and cant be in gyms plus my dad had many heart kidney &lung problems before he passed so thant to get my weight down before they can put me on anything that could affect them areas so anyway polycystic ovaries come with a high risk of developing type 2 diabeties and it doesnt help my brother got it around my age too (20). ey i have been feeling verry low extremley tired all the time my thirst is out off cos my mouth feels so dry all the time especially whenake up in the morning, recently ive been having blurred vision and i am hungry most of the time and get these horrible migraines sad ... my mum said one of my brothers problems is that when he hurts himself it takes forever too heal and that seems to be the case too, my cat scratched me a few weeks ago and its still there looking likes never gonna heal,, what do i do & do you think i have it ? rolleyes

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

MissPerry, first, schedule with your doctor  a fasting blood test for your blood sugar. Next, check previous results from physicals. Blood glucose or a1c tests are generally included in physicals, so you may be able to see your past results and determine risk. Check the medication you're taking for the PCOS. MANY MEDICATION CAN CAUSE DIABETES. Do some online research and clean up your diet. Organic- Paleo is effective for controlling typeII diabetes.

Finally, treat your whole body. PCOS can be caused by thyroid disease. Hypothyroidism is not easily diagnosed and is often masked, resulting in a myriad of health problems. Because of your blurred vision and constant hunger, I'd have a FULL thyroid panel done. You likely will get a doctor trying to diagnose based solely on TSH test. That's fine for people who have TSH that shows thyroid dysfunction, but the thyroid can be out of whack in many places in the feedback loop, so if for people with multiple undiagnosed health problems, a full thyroid panel is important.

Hope that helps!

• Posted

Hiya I'm not on any medication for my polycystic ovaries until I get my weight down I'm am on a low fat diet because of the ovlatine I'm taking to get my weight down which I've been take ing nearly two months and it hasn't helped a bit... If I don't have something fizzy or somthing with sugar in it I feel so lathargic.. Before my diagnosis of PCOS I had to have a full blood work done to check my hormone testosterone levels then I had to go for a scan to check my ovaries.. I have a doctors appointment on the 27

• Posted

Hi MissPerry, I see. Sounds like hypothyroidism to me. I spent years struggling with low thyroid, years of dieting. Finally got my weight under control with high protein, low carb, low fat diet and was stable for ten years. Getting the weight off and keeping it off helps with everything!

However, eventually, my thyroid completely shut down and I was forced to take thyroid medication. 

Part of of the thyroid problem is the caffeine-sugar-chocolate Merry-go-round. You feel sluggish, boost with caffeine, crash, boost with sugar, crash, boost with chocolate, crash, sleep, caffeine...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.