Could i be carrying C Hepatitis virus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was in a hurry and i used my father's razor to shave, and accidentally cut myself. It might even been a new blade, idk, i chose the best looking one. I don't know if it's even a cut. There were two very little blood spots on the skin, not larger than the hair , and i didn't feel any pain. My father had C hepatitis like 5 years ago, and he defeated it. Is there any chance i could've gotten the virus?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If your dad had a SVR (sustained virologic load)at 6 mths then he is cured, so he no longer has the virus and therefore isn't at threat of transmitting hep c.

• Posted

Cont...However, if he didn't get these results at 6mths, like Angelina said go get tested. Even if u r infected there are new drugs to cure u now.

• Posted

I'm on two Hep C medications and tomorrow I start my 11 weeks on these medications. I have been tested on my 5th to 6 week on the medications and tested undetected but my iron was a bit low. The side effects are a bit much but it is tolerable. I can't wait to get off these medications cause I have just about had enough already. Though people don't get discouraged cause it is a cure, and a light at the end of that tunnel.

• Posted

I finished my 12 wks of Harvoni about 5 wks ago and didn't have any side effects. I don't go for follow up tests until next month. Hoping for good news.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.