Strangers questions

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have Vitiligo on their hands starting from the fingertips and gradually travelling toward the wrists?  If so, have strangers ever asked if you got burned or were in a fire??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do! sad most of my hand is now white & it kind of meets at my wrists. I haven't been asked if iv been burnt but I do always try & hide them! It's hard too as you can't really put anything on them to cover up as I'm always washing my hands etc! I have a lot of 'ergh why do you have white patches on you' from the children at the school I work at.

• Posted

that is typical

i do have as many have

you are right

it is not easy to explain people what exactly it is

• Posted

I do..I have white spot on my both hands just like you have and also on my wrists and elbows. They use to stare so much. They even walk away from me in the bus when they see my hand, probably because they think it's contagious. I was asked before if it's contagious. My work colleagues use to ask me what are they and I explain to them it's vitiligo, just a depigmentation of my skin and nothing more. But regarding strangers..I wish they ask me what are they, instead of staring at me like I'm a very contagious person. I used to suffer alot at the beginning but right now, I don't really care. This is who I am and I thank God every day that it's just vitiligo. Other people are dying daily from cancer or some other diseases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.