I'm thinking this is a yeast infection...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had been experiencing pain in my ear for two weeks and after visiting the doctor three times (first to visits left me with ineffective treatments), I was diagnosed with an ear infection and perscribed Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate) 125mg. To my relief, the antibiotics treated the ear infection almost immediately. 

However, I now have a new problem. After taking the antibiotics for 4 days, I began experiencing an uncomfortable itching around my vulva. It was minimal in the beginning but its been three days since and its gotten worse. The itching has increased; often escalating to a burning that right at this moment, is so intense that I can't walk or stand for an extended period of time (2-3 minutes or more). It keeps me from sleeping. I've also noticed some inflammation, redness around my clitoris and a clumpy, white, odorless discharge. The only relief I can get from these symptoms is from flushing the area with water when I shower. 

I haven't been to see a doctor yet, but researching my symptoms has pointed me toward a vaginal yeast infection. I'm still a virgin so thats led me to rule out the whole concept of it being a sexually transmitted infection. 

I've never experienced anything like this and I really don't want to visit a doctor again for the 4th time in a month. Any input or comments on my situation is welcomed. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If offered Tabinfine as a Med treatment refused. It can make you lose your ability to taste foods. 
    • Posted

My mother works in a clinic so she actually went to the doctor who treated me today and had him write up a prescription for an oral treatment. I don't know what medication he prescribed so I think I don't have the option to choose anymore. Hopefully, when I pick up the medication tomorrow, its not the one you're talking about.

• Posted

Miconazole nitrate vaginal cream, usp 2%

With disposable applicators. Its vaginal Antifungal.

Can buy over the counter at drugstore.

Antibiotics commonly cause vaginal yeast infection. Next time ask dr for a "cure for the cure" when given antibiotics, let them know that they cause yeast infections in you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.