ANXIETY

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Hun I am healing with my Anxiety by breathing correctly & learning I must not panic but, take back control of my Brain, I am also learning how to relax completely , a therapist is helping me alot & finally it is starting to work as I am really determined to practice every hour of everyday what I am being taught. Gradually I am getting my life back.

jackie

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's really good that you're dealing with your anxiety. It counts for quite a lot of problems when your anxious and makes things worse. I hope everything works out for you. x

• Posted

Forgot to ask are you still taking Amitriptylene and what dose are you on .x
    • Posted

Hello Sue, I was on Amitryptaline for 30 to 40 years, but, the side effects of taking them were beggining to take there toll. The drugged  up feeling I felt everyday, the Dry mouth, the bad teeth, the sweats, it just became too much so I spoke with my GP about a month ago & asked her if I could come off them with her assistance. It is hard to come off them as I have tried several times before & failed as they are terribly addictive. Anyway my GP pt me on PROZAC twice a day & told me to come off Amitryptaline slowly, well I tried for a few weeks slowly & then decide COLD TURKEY & it worked. The withdrwal symptoms were horrific but I am nearly three weeks just on PROZAC now & I feel bright, alive, sparkling in fact & no more dry mouth so I am so pleased. Plus as we get older Amitrptaline are not good for older people, they can do alot of harmto the brain. I used to be on many years ago 150mg to 300mg & ended up on 25mg per night then 10mg per night. Jackie

• Posted

Hello Jacqueline, what a story you have to tell! You are a brave lady to have come out the other side and I'm so glad you are well and feeling so good. I feel like I am just starting on the Amitriptylene and very anxious as to the side effects they can cause. At the moment I feel a little drowsy and my tongue is very dry. I am taking 30mg a day and I was told they could take 4-6 weeks to kick in. I've been on them for 3 weeks and so far they have helped a little, I have burning mouth syndrome but I am still having really bad days. It's just the price you pay to get well again isn't it. Sue 

• Posted

Hello Sue, Yes it is a price we have to pay if we are unwell. Amitryptaline is a marvelous  drug for the time we live in , it is a slow acting drug & it does take time to work, but when it does start to kick in it is a very powerful & great drug & it is alot better than other drugs I have been on. Just give it a month or so then, you will definately feel the benifits & will feel much better, it may take years like me of being on this drug but, it does make you well again with time. At one time my Consultants put me on LITHIUM that was the worse I have ever felt in my life & basically demanded that the Consultant take me off it as quick as possible.. LITHIUM IS A KILLER. So carry on , take it day by day to your road to a slow recovery but, it will ne guaranteed you will get well again.

jackie x

• Posted

Hello Jaqueline, thank you very much for your wncouraging comments. I can't tell you how much confidence you have given me. I have been to the Drs today and he has increased my dose form 30mg to 50mg so fingers crossed that given a little time these will help me. I hope you continue to keep well and thank you for your support . Suex

• Posted

This is good news Jackie and I hope things continue to go well for you. Well done. I find breathing techniques very helpful when I have a lot of anxiety and breathing properly has become second nature to me now. It really helps doesn't it! 

Keep in touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.