Essential Tremor in left hand and head

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been diagnosed with essential tremor and it affects my left hand and my head.   I also have dystonia in right hand. I take propranolol which helps with left hand but doesn't help much with my head.  Lately my vision has been blurry and I wondered if anyone had vision problems with the essential tremor. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The only thing that helps with my head shaking is Botox injections every three months. I take baclofen and primidone for my essential tremor/cervical dystonia.
    • Posted

Do the Botox injections help a lot with your head shaking?  Have you been getting the injections for long?  I take propranolol for essential tremor and it does help but makes me so tired. 
    • Posted

The injections help 100%. I have had 2 sets of injections the last 6 months. My injections were approved by insurance because of cervical dystonia. Cd causes the muscles in your neck to spasm. Injections cost about $1200 per set but I went online . My meds make me tired too My doctor has me on 1000 much of b12. Much better to be drowsy than slaking. Ha. Hope this helps

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.