I am on day 13 of hives from an allergic reaction to amoxicillin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is this normal? I took amoxicillin for 7 days and one day 8 I developed hives from head to toe, they do look like they are going away, but I am extremely itchy and this is the 13th day of the hives. The doctor called in methylpredinosoline 4 mg as a Z pack (6 days of medicine starting with 6 pills until the last day of one pill. I finished that this past Sunday but still have the hives. I am 57 years old and I am a diabetic. Don't know if that has anything to do with why it is lasting so long.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As it turns out i have never been allergic to anything until i was on holiday and ate some dragon fruit before i knew it i was swelling hives hard to breath it was a real mess, Anyway my hives started at the top of my chest and worked it's way down my body which was crazy, but did not stay all over my body, get yourself to the GP to be safe 

• Posted

They finally disappeared after having them for 18 days. I never did get them on my face, just the rest of my body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.