What do they mean abnormal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had one done to and cannot understand the findings and comments.

It says abnormal oesophagus, abnormal stomach, Hiatus hernia and Gastritis.

on the comments it says small sliding hiatus hernia and lax GOJ and patch gastritis.

No diagnosis or what can be done about it,

Can anyone explain why they are  both abnormal   please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If that is the report given to you on the day, it is not meant to explain anything or offer treatment. The gastroenterologist will review the findings and report his recommendations to your GP.

Your GP will then follow it up and if the gastroenterolgogist needs to see you again for treatment/examination, then you will get an appointment letter from the hospital.

Gastritus will normally be treated with a course of omeprazole unless the underlying conditions dictate another form of treatment. I would gues and this is only a guess, your oesphagus & stomach are not looking as healthy as they should do, but there is no obvious indication of the problem. The gastritus could be causing the problem along with the hernia.

• Posted

Thank you for the information, I will wait and see what happens xx
  • Posted

It means you have a hiatus hernia and patchy gastritis ie inflammation of the stomach lining. I'm guessing you probably get quite bad reflux and indigestion, especially after certain foods. Gastritis can be caused by certain medication, chewing gum, anxiety, smoking and alcohol. Also not eating a healthy diet, or rather maybe noyveating enough, especially if someone drinks . Have you been checked for ah pylori? and smokes

• Posted

I am an ex smoker of 2 years and not a drinker, I was tested for ab pylori in 2006 but it showed Toxoplasmosis

Maybe not eating enough I spend most morning in the bathroom being sick, or  I am always feeling sick or acid in my throat,  

I was taking amytriptyline for Fybromyalgia and found I had awful pain in my stomach an hour after taking them, so stopped them, I only take ranitidine now I do get pain but need them for the awful acid reflux..

Thanks for your info and  reply xx

I spend most morning in the bathroom being sick or 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.