If left untreated it can kill you ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have a question , when a person get finds out they have hsv but no symptoms the doctor doesn't prescribe any medicine. I Have seen articles that stated "herpers can kill you if left untreated." How when there is sooooo many people with out any symptoms, so they go with out knowing for yearssssssdd. Or I know people who take meds only when they have a outbreak . Then I know people who eat healthy , take lysine and vitamins to stay healthy. For example me I never had any systoms. I guess im.just worried about death from this virus

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have never read that anywhere before and it is certainly not true, so you can relax!
  • Posted

Hh

Who said herpes kill.

Anyway maybe whoever said that meant that a major outbreak. If you do not treat a major outbreak it can get serious.

But if you keep the virus dormant by eating healthy and taking supplements and vitamins you will be as good as normal.

• Posted

Herpes is only serious and can potentially kill if it becomes disseminated and/or causes encephalitis, but these are not common occurrences and are more likely with newborns/babies and the immunocompromised. Not sure if that's what you mean by a major outbreak.

• Posted

Lol, I like your reaction. Yeah, it can, but In rare cases, usually involving those with weak or compromised immune systems. In such cases, herpes can become disseminated (spread within the body) and lead to encephalitis. This is not common, however, and is more likely with Type 1 in adults. Type 2 is more likely to cause a mild form of self-resolving viral meningitis (somewhat more common, but not overly).
    • Posted

Oh Lord, the good news keeps coming! ?? I didn't know that at all... I'll have a little read up on it but am loath to get too scared by those kinda facts or it'll all take over my head again.

• Posted

Lol, well, I just tell myself that these things are good to know but not common, so I don't worry about them, and that works for me at least! smile

• Posted

I contracted herpes when I was 24

I am 57 now

It has been tough but managable

• Posted

How often do you get outbreaks per year? Did it decrease significantly?
    • Posted

I cant say that there was a full year without a single outbreak.

I have a weak immune so I am not sure if my answer will be of any value to people with avarage or strong immune.

The key to reducing the severity of the outbreaks and the frequency is the food quality and diet. Vitamins, food supplements(Lysine ), resting and moderate excersize.

Three to four months can go by without any outbreak. If I am not carfull I could get 2 or three in one month.

Belive me the outbreaks are the least of my wories. And hi does of Lysine when having outbreaks does the magic. It seeze the outbreak almost immediatly like nothing was there.

What bothers me is needle like stings allover my body some times everyday for a month. It stops briefly then comes back. When I take care of my food quality things improve.

I will not say everything because unless you have s specific symptoms then I may cause people to think or worry about things that they may never have.

It all in the immune system

And I pray that no one with weak immune system will have herpes.

• Posted

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

It doesnt sound like the outbreaks got any lesser sad Im curious, if thats the case then it would make sense to take lysine everyday? it should decrease the outbreak significantly?

How do you deal with your sex life if you dont mind me asking?

Does it hurt badly when you get outbreaks?

• Posted

Dear

May be I missed saying the outbreaks reduced signifcantly starting the second year.

The blisters now very tiny . When I take lysine I dont even feel them. But without lysine they can be burning like cigaretts.

They used to be large like burns full with clear liquied but that did not last more than a year or two. I realy donot remember.

I hope you feel better.

🌷

• Posted

Will definitely try Lysine. Appreciate your reply. Thank you so much for all of the information. I hope it gets better for you. Take care! smile

• Posted

My immune system is strong herpes entered into my brain because of a screwdriver which left a weaking in my brain so when I was raped the disease went into my brain and caused me to have a brain aneurysm. From herpes 1
    • Posted

I have never been treated and three years have passed now it has moved into my spine.
    • Posted

Stop unless it is inside of your brain anything else is just herpes and you get to live.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.