Pilonidal cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had this problem since I was 14 years old, I fall on concrete and this problem came to my life, those years were horrible, there were days that I couldnt walk, I couldnt even try doing exercise and i have this types of headaches that no one could ever imagine, fever with it, puss and blood and this bump in the middle of my ass. It was a nightmare, I went to many doctors three surgeons and different dermatologist until I found this doctor that was a surgeon, she help me, I got general anesthesia and the process was 2 to 3 hours long. My recovery was really bad, I spend a month and half without sitting, I could only sleep in one side, couldn't go down, couldn't lift any heavy thing, couldnt go to toilet and couldn't takes baths by myself. One of my stiches broke up so it hurt a lot. They took my stiches out two weeks later that, now it's has being 3 months and I still have little problems getting used to. I still haven't done no exercise, no bikes, no long running, no jumping no anything. Finally I am fine now.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hey r you having anykind of drainage, after surgery
    • Posted

the reason i am asking is i had surgery on may 28 and i am still having drainage, my drainage was coing frominside my butt crack, if your drainage stop did you or doctor did something special or id just stop by itself
    • Posted

It just stop draining blood so I went to the doctor and didn't take it off but I took it off by myself at home it didn't hurt

• Posted

I don't know a lot but 2 months it's too much, if it isn't draining anything take it off or go to the doctor

• Posted

Wat did u take off, i don't have anything, let me explain my drainage, i had drainage after I had surgey but it was not coming from stiches it was from inside my butt there was a small hole left open by doctor, so when new tissue are made there is place for drainage to go out, and he said it would close by itself but it has not been closed yrt

• Posted

what kind of drainage is coming out from the hole? Does it smell bad?
    • Posted

drainage does smell but very very little , the color of drainage is clear with a little red in it, it does not drain all the time, for example when i am at work and standing all the time so like after 3 or 4 hours, I go to bathroom and as soon a i sit on toilet drainage start coming, drainahe usually come when i bend, sleep straight, or sot on a toilet
    • Posted

If it smells bad , like rotten you need to go see your doctor. If it just smells like blood you should be fine.
    • Posted

you should ask your doctor about a thing called a VAC DRESSING i had one for 4 weeks 
    • Posted

Oh after I took out my drainage I start using this medicine that close this little hole I had.
  • Posted

i have had 3 operations over the last 10 years and now after my last operation 4 years ago , it seems to have come back again. but ive no pain beacuse of the operations i have had in the area has made it numb. i notice there is once again a daily discharge. The doctors i have been to dont seem to no what they are all about. for example my last doctor i seen 2 weeks ago i had to tell him what one was and which antibiotics i should take (im no expert yet haha).i have that horrible feeling this is just one of those cycles that just keep going around. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.