Amplodipine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone who has just started Amplodipine or have been on it for a while please be careful. I have read recent messages from others taking this tablet and have found what they had said myself had exactly gone through the same. My knees started to become weak as well as my arms to make this worse my left knee completely gave out which my right knee took the full impact. After this happening I had ended up staying at home for 4 months. As for now I am back to normal after deleting the Amplodipine. Good luck to you all (Adrian)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, have had virtually the same thing happen. Was on Amlodipine for a number of years then it affected my IBS. As soon as I came off them I felt a lot better. This year one of my knees gave up and I haven't been able to do anything since Easter although slowly improving.

This tablet has affected my life for the last two years, I wish it had never been prescribed to me.

• Posted

Hi Adrian, I was on Amlodipine for 3/4 weeks. I had unpleasant symptoms, legs and feet sweeling and aching. I took myself off of it after reading many articles and talking to a dear friend who is a nurse in the Netherlands (where it never prescribed)! I took Grapeseed extract which helped to keep my BP down until I managed to get an appointment at the Dr's.

After trying another couple of BP meds I have eventually found one that suits me and keeps my BP ok. I still take Grapeseed extract which I find also helps to keep everything on a level. My husband who was also on Amlodipine was find his ankles swelling and has also been having problems with his knees, which I had not heard of before. He has cut his dose in half and been prescribed with another medication to go with the Amlodipine but his kees are bad. I will tell him of this knee issue. Many thanks for sharing this info.

• Posted

Hello Adrian I seem to had bad side effects with blood pressure medication Nurse decided to change lisprinal and ramipril to Amploodipine only on for two days terrible leg cramps knees swollen nurse spoke to Dr. who changed it to Felodipine 5mg a few problems but decided to stick with it Dr. telephone and told me to increase the dose to 10mg oh my god kness ankles stomach all swollen put on over a stone in weight saw health care assistant Dr rang later that evening told me to increase the doe to 20mg got cross when I told her I was only taking 5mg. I am now taking dandelion and parsly water tabs I got from Boots now the tops of my legs are swollen  and have recently been diagnosed with COPD although I am living on salad,  fruit and vegetables still cant lose any weight. I developed an over active thyroid some years ago and should by having blood pressure and nodule checks every 7 months  I have had one blood test and one asthma test in the last two years. I keep looking for natural ways to lower BP I have found coffee puts my BP up so I am now on Camamile  tea. regards Jacky  
  • Posted

Hi everyone

it has now been a good few monthe sinbce i stopped prescribed meds .My doctor is aware of this.I have been taking magnesium 375mg,vits c,d,b,Beetroot capsules full strength red grape extract ,termeric,and garlic full strength.I long list i know but im hedgeing my bets i suppose. I check my bp at least twice a day and it averages 148/80 .I can live with this as i felt so awful before on meds.I think its about quality of life.Oh i forgot i am now taking at night low dose of aspirin as well, apparently if you are a female over 60 its best to take at night opposite for men it benifits them more if they take in morning  .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.