Thoracic herniated disc

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,what symptoms do you have. I have small herniation between t7 and t8.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had bulging disc t10--11, compressing my spinal cord. Burning sensation in both thighs & numbness in right foot. Had op. Circa 1 year ago- still have nerve issues in legs but just learn 2 live with it ( resisted medication) back at gym my mobility is good.

What are your symptoms?

• Posted

I had something called rediculopathy. Or spinal irritation. For awhile i would get this burning feeling down my spine. I also would get times on the right side of my back i would get this wierd tingling feeling. I rested so much and did so little for months. I was lucky as i was a,stay at home mom with a teenage son. Husband had a good job so i could just rest. My doc did not want to do surgery as would have to go through my chest. I honestly now cant tell its even there,but have to be mindful of lifting too much. I do lift quite a bit,know that area of spine can caus bad issues if not careful. Xx
    • Posted

Lee the sensations I got intially were like an electric current going through me and my balance was awful.

I managed to avoid the chest surgery options( that was the intial approach) and had a laminectomy via the back to decompress the area. What part of the country are you from and surgeon did you see?

• Posted

Im from wisconsin. A neurologist found the disc problem after my request for an mri of my thoracic spine. They had only ordered one for my neck and lower spine. I also before that had nerve and muscle conduction tests that pointed to my wierd symptoms as being from my back. Since neither the doctor or I wanted the surgery I just had physical therapy and like I said I was extremely careful for a few years. I also used to get horrible muscle cramping in my back and chills that would run up and down my spine. Was very scarey. Now I rarely notice my back,but I know I need to be careful. How are you feeling now?.Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.