Sciatica and Nerve Pain Need Advice.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi need a bit of advice. Been suffering from Sciatica and Nerve Pain,was off work for a few months. Been through all Meds Cocodamol, Paracetamol Dihydracodine different strengths, Gabapentin now pregabalin. MRI showed I needed spinal fusion, but due to other circumstances (Health Problems) I couldn't get it. I'm now on 300 mg twice a day pregabalin and Cocodamol for breakthrough. Still have a lot of pain on pregabilin plus slightly dopey memory and problems getting words out. At docs tomorrow is there anything other than pregabalin out there

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey I have nerve pain from a bulging disc. Took me ages to find something that worked for the pain. I use lyrica (75mg x2), endep 10 (once a night) this enhances the lyrica when taken in small amounts. And I also take tramadol hydrochloride (50mg x2), this drug was the life changer. I still get some pain but I can definitely live life more normally now. Ask about the tramadol, it helps!

Hope it goes well!

• Posted

Hi

I forgot about tramadol was on it with cocodamol it made no difference thats why ended up on pregabalin (Lyrica is Pregabalin). Thanks for getting back.

• Posted

Hi,

Pregabalin was the only drug that worked for my sciatic pain, it completely got rid of it. Unfortunately due to weight gain I am now coming off it and on half my usual (600mg) daily dose the pain is back with a vengence. I too would be interested if anyone has any other sucess with other meds? Tramadol was useless and made me nauseous aparently not to great for nerve pain according to the pain clinic. Hope you get some pain relief soon!

• Posted

Amitriptyline, you can take it as well as the other stuff that your on. It makes you sleepy but gives you a brilliant nights sleep. I used to take small doses in the daytime with pro plus. It's great for nerve pain

• Posted

Tramadol is one of the worst drugs to come off of. The cold turkey is horrendous and lasts for about 3 months. It's not that effective as a pain killer

• Posted

I am on gabepentine 300mg 3 times a day, it is helping with my sciatica, took 3 weeks to kick in, but the sciatica affects my bladder still. I do take tramadol now and again but only in the evening, I also take co-codamol 15/500 but only in the evening, everyone is different, I have had times when I have had to take everything together to get rid of pain, but I have osteoarthritis as well, so gabepentine does nothing for that...
  • Posted

Thanks everyone, I'll update with outcome of Doc's visit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.