HRT Irritability, insomnia and exhaustion. Does anyone else feel like this on HRT?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was prescribed Estelle Duet 1mg (Meda Pharma) 4 months ago and was told I needed be on the tablets for at least 3 months before I felt the 'desired' effects.  I am now finding that once I've started taking the green section of the tablets I am more irritable, snappy and anxious than ever before I  started taking HRT.  I was told this could be due to the progesterone causing my moods.  I am particularly concerned that I have no energy and am currently taking iron and B12 to increase my energy level.  As yet I am not convinced by HRT.  Can anyone relate to my symptoms, I'm age 47 and started having irregular periods in the last three to four years.      

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm on the same ones as you but they called Esetelle solo I get moody but I'm fine otherwise on them

• Posted

Is the green section the progesterone? I have been on hrt sequi patches for 4 months and my anxiousness is worse. I am in the midst of changing it a bit. I take 100mg of progesterone for 14 days of the month.
  • Posted

That's exactly what happened to my sister, like raging pmt!

• Posted

Same with me.  Switched to a higher dose and that solved all my mood issues for the better. Still getting my hot flushes though they were never hot sweats so I can manage my sleep a bit. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.