Bisoprolol- been on it for only 5 days, can I stop?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I had bad anxiety and high blood pressure recently and was prescribed 2.5 bisoprolol beta blockers.

They definitely helped with the BP and anxiety but I feel like they have made me a bit 'detached'

As I feel like I'm out of the woods anxiety-wise (maybe that's just the beta blockers?!) I'd really rather not take the beta-blockers and just try and deal with real life.

It's only been 5 days can I just stop them? Or am I being silly?

I just don't feel quite right on them. Like I know they are probably helping with the physical symptoms but I don't feel like I can make peace in my mind.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Lee

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would be talking to my doctor about this. Beta bockers need to be reduced slowly.....but....I don't know if only five days qualifies. Ask your pharmacist to be positive....they are the drug experts.

I am on the Clonidine patch. It is for anxiety and high blood pressure. When we tweeked the dose to 0.3, it was perfect for me. You might want to ask a professional about that. Hope this helps, Lee

• Posted

I have read several articles where people have stopped taking BP even after using them for longer periods than you (read all the articles on this site under BP).  Did you know that there is a lower dose of 1.0 available as well.
  • Posted

hi i am on 10 mg lots of side effects with this .wheezing chest and anxiety and always tired and have put weight on. cry a lot as well
  • Posted

Hi. I am in a similar position so would be interested if you continued off the Biso or whether you started taking it again? Any side effects etc?

I have been taking 2.5mg for 10 days and have quit 2 days ago due to dizziness, coldness and not 'feeling right' etc. So far I seem to be ok pulse wise (resting 55-60) but can feel a bit of anxiety rearing its head. Not sure if this is the Biso or just me worrying about whats not worth worrying about!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.