bereavement.lost my partner 5 months ago and need any advice to cope

Posted , 3 users are following.

Am new to this web site but looking for advice on coping with. Bereavement. As I retired last year am left with a lot of time on my hands and finding it hard to cope with what has happened at the moment. Perhaps there is someone who has gone through. Similar and can point me in the right direction with coping

Stragies. I feel as if I am losing it if that makes sense to anyone.

Help.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry about your loss. I remember when my father died, it was hard on my mother, because they did everything together. My mother eventually sold the house and bought a nice townhouse, so that she didn't have to take care of the yard. She took up golf, tennis and bridge. She was always busy and cultivated some good friendships. You might consider taking up some hobbies that would involve other people. Don't get into anti depressants though. It's natural to feel bad when bad things happen. You will get past it. Good luck dear.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words I really appreciate it.

Yes I know I have to start doing thing, after being so busy as I was his carer and retiring last year, have been left with no

Responsibilities. I hope to be able to make new contacts

with others who understand what I am going through.

Like everything it is taking that first step.

Kind regards. Ann

• Posted

I am so sorry for your loss i lost my partner in December there is no fixed time for bereavement and  i know people will tell you that you that you will learn to live your life without that person but i dont feel like that i feel you learn to live your life around the fact that they are gone.  I still say goodnight to my partner everynight and still argue with him whan i cant find something even though he doesnt answer back.  I have found new things to do to pass the time and have good friends and family but not a day goes by that i dont think about him and i feel thats normal try to keep yourself busy and focus on all the good things it will get easier hope this helps take care.
    • Posted

Hi. Thank you so much for your kind words. Still early for

You as well then. Seemed to cope at first but that was

probably because it was all being sorted. Family and friends

have to carry on with their lives so I must try to get on with

mine. I feel it will be a big help to have contact with others in

the same position as myself as they will understand.

Am hoping to perhaps get to find out about any local groups

who meet for coffee and chat to break the ice.

It is kind of you to get in touch with your wishes. Nice to hear

from you at anytime.

Kind regards

Ann

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.