Marky

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on Ramprill 10mg for years, started coughing about 6 months ok.

Had all the tests like chest X-rays but all results are good.

We started to think it was asthma but test was good again.

Now G.P. As took me off Ramprill and said that can make you cough but I've been on it for years, why cough now.

I'm now having problems with my heart racing and shortness of breath, should I have not come off it slowly, he as replaced it with another med ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Ramipril for a few years now - my issue with it was a possible connection to joint pain. But I didn't have a noticable cough until I was given a different make of the drug. The cough started almost straightaway. Knowing what I know now, I told the Pharmacist and he gave me the old type instead and put a note on my file. He said it was probably the 'filler' they use.

We really don't know what cxxp they are putting in our meds.!

• Posted

Medical professionals may dismiss the notion of long term adverse effects of drugs because the drugs will not have been tested for such durations.

​Ramipril is a drug that can have long term effects. In my experience it produced a delayed adverse reaction which included exaggerated immune reponses as well as shortness of breath (note that patient notes may say do no engage in exertive exercise).

​I spent months trying to prove to myself that my adverse reactions were due to Ramipril - they got so bad it was necessary to cease the drug immediately after discovering that drug-induced Angioedema is a potentially fatal adverse reaction which is not readily diagnosed in emergency departments - a case where coming off slowly is definitely not advocated.

• Posted

Hi Marky . Had chest probs myself on these horrid things . I could put up with sinus probs bad chest etc but what I find difficult is the metal probs they cause me . Unable to function properly as if I were a pre programmed robot . Not thinking about what I was doing or going to do but just going through the motions . Bad anxiety bad thoughts I just sit there with out hardly blinking my eyes . World away , in a world of my own . Couldn't feel happy or look forward to anything . All my crafts I loved doing crochet sewing etc . All gone can't bring myself to even look at a pattern . But it don't end there . Memory probs  , I'm sure that because it's mostly elderly or mmiddle aged people get H/blood pressure is why the amount of Dementia cases have rose , it's because of these meds . I was on Amlodopine before these and found by accident that these were making me ill . So told DR . He was not happy nor convinced , I told him I was stopping them . So he put me on Rampiril , Mmm back up with the fairies I go , and they are not even controlling my BP . So now I have stopped them again and will give it a couple of weeks then go back . So he'll see BP is up he will have to change them without me arguing with him ?? The other bad thing I found with theses meds I'd I was snapping at my loved ones which is not me . I don't know if you tried Amlodopine but be aware they are the same sort of thing . Numerous people on both forums have said same thing ., which I have discovered . I feel as if I've lost 4yrs of my life on these horrid things they should never be allowed to be prescribed . But apparently the both are the cheap end of different meds out there . Best of luck hope you get sorted soon ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.