HIP Dysplasia & back pain:: anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For years I've suffered severe back pain and had been seeing a chiropractor for the pain plus 'hip issues'.

I've just now been diagnosed worth CHD which no other doctor ever caught.

I'm wondering if my back pain is related to the hip dysplasia, and has anyone else had back pain with the hip pain?

I'm having my left hip replaced next month....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ihad CHD diognosed at 6 weeks old. My pelvis ended up tilted 5cm and twisting which my spine twist do. Iv always had horrific back pain and still have it now after the surgery
  • Posted

I've had both hips and both knees replaced. Really can't relate any back pain to my hip problems. In my case, it was arthritis/osteoporosis, but I do know others who did have back pain associated with hip problems.

My hip replacements were a walk in the park, at least compared to the knee replacements.

Unfortunately, I took a tumble over a scatter rug last week and apparently jammed something loose in my hip. Going in for exploratory surgery on Aug 3rd.

• Posted

It is a possibility as hip dysplasia might trigger scoliosis due to leg length difference. So you might want to check that with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.