Black looking spot on my pinky toe?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 25-year-old male and I've noticed a black spot on my pinky toe. This toe is prone to being bumped on a corner of furniture. I have no symptoms, no aches, pains or discharge in the area. I will post some pictures and would like to get an opinion on what it might be? I'm going to see my family physician in a week or so. Thank you in advance for the replies! smile

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

second photo
  • Posted

that looks like what happened to my toe.  I didn't recall banging it but iy went black, Podiatrist said it was an injury - so if you prone to banging it on furnitrure  that could be it.

If you have damaged to nail it will eventually grow out, if you have damaged the nail bed it may just stay like that.  Try a trip to a chiropodist and wear slippers around the house

• Posted

Its a bruise under the nail and should gradually grow out. Keep it clean as damaged toenails often pick up toenail fungus. As Lotsof has said try to avoid further damage to your nails.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.