I have had a painful, constant stomach ache for four days now, what may be wrong with me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a very painful non stop constant belly ache which has been going on for four days. I have recently been on a diet where I have ate less and I have lost quite a bit of weight I am 14 170cm tall and I was weighing at 10'13 but now I weigh 9'5 (stone and pounds). I don't know if that has affected these symptoms but it is very painful, it is like I'm always going to be sick. I am getting about 2-5 hours sleep a day as it has been keeping me up. I also struggle sitting in some positions, therefore affecting my sleep. I have yet to see a chemist as my mum has been very busy but has anyone else suffered similar to me and as ive got upcoming GCSEs this needs to be cured!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My goodness, so young. Yes, get to a doctor, but also, things I wish I knew at a young age, our stomach health is so important. Many issues start from our stomach/gut.  Also, research meditation, stress really messes up our body and mind. Learn about how to keep our gut healthy too. Balance in our lives is a good thing. I'm learning all this now. Our body is designed to heal so we need to help it, naturally if possible. I hope the best for you. 

• Posted

I'm on two thoughts on what's wrong with me at the moment now I believe I may just have a stomach bug as ive now started being sick

• Posted

If you have been on a very restrictive food diet that consists mainly of shakes you can develop severe abdominal pain and sickness.

You should see your doctor. Any abnormal pain needs to be checked out.

On saying this it is most likely nothing serious. Best checked out and don't forget to mention your brilliant weight loss. Well done.

Can you not see doctor yourself or with another adult acting on your mother's behalf.

• Posted

I have had a good 12 hour sleep today and I feel a lot better, I feel that I may just have a stomach bug but I have got doctors appointment Friday, it was the closest one I could get

• Posted

Very sensible. Best to check it out. Hope all goes well.
    • Posted

So very true Layne, I wish I'd know this years ago!

• Posted

Oliver you said 'just a stomach bug' as though it's nothing much but please take it seriously and just find out. Chrissy's right. razz

• Posted

Well done, I didn't see this before my last comment. Glad you're taking it seriously. Kudos

• Posted

Good news Oliver. Wish I could sleep 12 hours! wink

i just worry you had pain for 4 days. Most stomach bugs only last 1-2 days from my own experience. 

But let this at least get you to research and educate on what stomache problems can do, so many people are relying on drugs to "help" only to find out later then can make one worse. There really is something said to eating a balanced diet, vegetables and proteins, and staying away from processed foods as much as possible, don't drink too much alcohol, ALL in moderation. 

Life can be tough enough anyway, so learning to live it as stress free, feeding body good things, makes all the other obstacles in life more doable. 

Life is always a yin/yang thing, but we can make it as balanced as we can every day. Again...things I'm learning from my illness, that I am healing from! wink 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.