Varicose excema

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just started wearing compression socks for varicose excema.Most of the time they are comfortable, but I feel they cut circulation off under my knees. Last night my leg got pins and needle though them..Should this be happening

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Linda69377,

My GUESS is they're too tight. I would reccommend that you measure your legs and follow the chart on the package about the size. When I started wearing them, a technician at my doctor's office meassured my legs for the correct  size of hose. Since my legs have always been quite slim, I would have assumed my size would have been small, but I measured for a larger size. Guess my legs aren't as skinny as I thought, lol!

Guessing again, perhaps your legs are engorged with fluid when you don the hose. Most instructions for support hose include putting them on after you elevate your legs higher than the level of your heart for 15 minutes.

Don't hesitate to call your doctor. His advice would be the best.

• Posted

I was measured by the nurse. I was told to put them on about breakfast time.Most of the time they feel ok,much better than the non elastic socks I bought which made my ankles itch.
    • Posted

Linda, that must be very annoying. I'm glad to hear this, because at least we know you're wearing the correct size and that you're being seen by a physician. Please call your doctor's office about your problem. Just want the best possible outcome for you!

• Posted

Thanks very much for your help.Will phone tomorrow and speak to the nurse who I saw

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.