do i need more antibiotics

Posted , 3 users are following.

ok im in my early 20s. suffered uti since i became sexually active.

i had one year in prticular, that i had recurramt ones. i was fiven 3 types of antibiotics and after a month it still hadnt gone. i rang on a friday and was told if no better by the monday i need to come back and be referred. anyway i was in so much pain, my nan took me to get some bicarbonate soda. i took 2 glasses and it conpletely went. never came bck for a long time.

thistime ive just finished my 3 day course and still having pain again. a couole symptoms have gone but im left with a constsnt stinging 'down there' whether or not ive just been to the toilet or not.

my question is do i need more antibiotics or shoulf i wait a couple of days, to see if its just because its been inflamed and it needs to

settle on it own?

any tips?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to your dr.if you still have cystitis it may get worse.

While you are waiting for an appointment you could try cystopurin from your chemist or speak to the pharmacist.

If you can't get appointment with the dr go to a walkin centre if you can.

Cystitis is not very nice and the quicker you get it sorted the quicker you will feel better. X holly

• Posted

how are you now Georgina? I'm fascinated by the story with your nan and the bicarbonate of soda! How did you take it? Just drink it? X

• Posted

hiya. apperently its quite well known as ive done my research!!

im all better now. my doctor prescribed me anotber weeks worth of antibiotics and it wemt but not until near enough the end of the course.

i take a flat teaspoon in a glass of cooled boiled water. twice a day. not sure if you can take it in normal water but i guess that would be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.