what is this weird patch of skin on my arm fold??

Posted , 4 users are following.

for about a month now, I've had this weird patch of skin on my arm where the arm folds. This first started when I began to itch it severely for almost a week. It was red for about 3 days and then afterwards, it was extremely dry and scaly because I didn't moisturize. For the next 2-3 weeks the color was white-ish and slightly lighter than the rest of my skin (rounded shape) but hardly noticeable. But this week even after not scratching and consistently moisturizing, it now has a red outline around the patch of light skin and it is slightly bumpy and raised. Can anyone help? I have no clue what this could be. I have no previous history of excema.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

This sounds like my problem.  Mine are circular patches not unlike ringworm, flat and smooth in the middle.  I was diagnosed with discoid eczema but they are now considering skin lupus and I am awaiting tests

• Posted

Quick question first, have you used steroids for it? If so please look into TSW/RSS (topical steroid withdrawal syndrome/red skin syndrome)
    • Posted

no I have yet to see a doctor. All I have done is moisturize.
  • Posted

I would like to ask everyone who suffers from this to please private m message me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.