Hey all...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just passed the first anniversary since my second pulmonary embolism.

It has been an incredibly tough year. It took its toll on me physically but mentally it stretched me to my limit.

As a result I discovered just how little help and support there is for us all out there.

However for any of you on Facebook there is a group on there which I've enjoyed being a part of.

Just wanted to share it with any of you who have not found it and may benefit from any support there is from fellow sufferers!

It's called pulmonary embolism and dvt awareness uk,.

Wishing you all well :-)

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi catherine

The Department of Health acts as a 'steward' for the health and adult social care system in England and oversees fifteen arms-length bodies (ALBs):

It is the responsibility of 'Public Health England',  'Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency', 'National Institute for Health and Care Excellence', and 'Care Quality Commission'

to provide a support group for patients who are 'prescribed' noacs without written consent, especially after UK launch of clinical phase trails, insufficient data, case studies whilst potential long-term side effects of the medication & adherance to NICE guidelines are not fully tested or scrutinised.

Five questions

Q1. 

On the day of simple or complex discharge, after a major pulmonary embolism.

Would a NHS emergency consultant pass the patient 'Fit to work' in accordance to Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992?; equally will the patient be Fit enough to cope with heartache, heartstrain, heartburn, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, chesty cough/flu whilst managing cash flow, small business that requires manual handling, operation of machinery of vehicle?

Q2.

Will the patient need a carer in the immediate term?

Q3. 

?Is the patient temporarily disabled, incapacited, suffering from illness or unwell?

Q4.

Whilst under noac trial, will the patient require a Daily/Weekly Care Plan to aid and monitor recovery?

Q5.

Should the NHS Litigation Authority, Department of Work & Pensions & Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs be informed of this condition ?

• Posted

Catherine,

What a lovely thought to post that up here.  I am sure it will help many.

thanks and best regards

Peter

• Posted

There are several sites on Facebook I am a member of P.E.A.K.

There are others just search

I know the emotional drain is almost to much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.