Burning?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I've had IBS for  years mainly due to the medication I take. Since March I've had burning pain in my mouth, throat, stomach  and beyond. The only way I can describe it is like being burned from the inside out. I've had an endoscopy  and barium x-ray and it isn't reflux or stomach acid or an ulcer. The pain is terrible and it's making me very miserable.  Has anybody else got anything like this or anybody have any ideas, I feel like the doctors think I'm imagining it. Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try coming off the medication to see if the burning gets better.  Maybe you are getting bad reactions to it.  You could also change the drugs you're on to something milder.   However, some people get a burning stomach and acid reflux with IBS so it could just be another Irritable Bowel symptom.    I had an endoscopy years ago because of acid reflux but nothing showed up.  The Gastro doctor suggested that the sphincter in my oesophagus was  weak and letting acid escape.

• Posted

id thought it was maybe my Meds but I've been on them all for a long time. I don't know if you've had a problem with any of these:

thyroxine

propanolol

pregabelin 

amytryptline.

im already taking the maximum doses of esomeperazole and ranitidine and I still feel it.

Thanks for your ideas.

• Posted

rebecca35221, well I have IBS also and I took Librax for years and am now on Bentyl, I don't know why you would be on thyroxine for that is a medication for your thyroid, and propanolol is a blood pressure medication, do you have high blook pressure ? pregabelin is for your nerves also amytryptiline is also for nerves and depression what medication are you on for the IBS ? esomeperazole and ranitidine are both for acid reflux and stomach ulcers. What med's are you on for the IBS?? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.