Does elbow soreness go with FS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with FS last week post clavicle fracture two-plus months ago that ultimately resulted in a very stiff and painful shoulder that after having gentle PT and home exercises was improving, albeit very slowly, but now suddenly going backward with addition of pain in upper arm. Dr. thinks it has turned into FS - he had warned I was at risk - and that it is currently starting the freezing stage. I tend to agree with that assessment but must admit I am desperately looking for other answers as well while also looking at various forms of treatment for FS, etc. In that process I began doing some gentle stroking down the arm that I read about in a book I got from the library (promotes circulation) and in the process noticed that a couple of the bones at my elbow are very sore to touch. I have noticed that my elbow is very cranky when I bend it first thing in the morning after being at rest on the pillow overnight but I attributed that to morning stiffness and was surprised to find the bone itself is so sore. Maybe its two different things as I have had very similar soreness in the good arm in the past for extended time after I started playing pickleball. That I always assumed was specifially related to use of the arm, like tennis elbow, etc. To find the seeming exact soreness now in my bad shoulder arm is puzzling to me and makes me wonder about what is at play to cause all of this in the first place. Most of all I would of course love to find that it isn't FS afterall and that there is a simpler solution. smile Bottom line, I'm curious if anyone has soreness at elbow associated with FS.

So happy to have found this forum! Thanks for all who participate and share!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, cheryl204.  Yes, elbow sorness does go with FS.  I'm experiencing my second FS in four years.  The first one, both of my elbows hurt to the touch.  With this one, the greatest pain I'm experiencing is deep in my bicep.  Actually, there is pain/soreness from the top of my shoulder, bicep, tricep, elbow, wrist, and fingers.  The adhesions form at night, while at the same time the body is trying to heal itself.  Overall pain is much worse in the morning for me too until I do some stretching and start waking up my arm. On the flip side, it will eventually get better smile

• Posted

Hi kate2732,

Thanks so much for your input. It is clearly not what I want to hear but I need to face the issues and become as informed as possible. I am so sorry you are going through this a second time! If there are things you have found that are helpful to you, feel free to share.

Thanks again. I appreciate your reply.

• Posted

Hi Cheryl..I can relate to some of ur symptoms. But not the elbow situation..can it be tennis elbow that I've heard many complain of..also my PT told me today that I don't have full blown FS but rather tendinitis..but I certainly had all the pain of FS initially..definitely PTL helpd me and the ultimate sound vibration machine helps..hope u too find improvement soon.

• Posted

cheryl, yes tennis elbow is part of the frozen shoulder family. But you dont have a frozen shoulder.   FS is a disease unto it's self, You have a traumatic disruption of somepart of the shoulder complex caused almost certainly when you fractured your clavicle. Your treatment must be tailored to the area of dysfunction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.