HELP !!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

How can i get my life back and re pigment my skin. Vitiligo covers 90% of my body. What will reverse it that dosnt cost 1000s of dollars ? I have no health ins,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I believe that UVB might be your best option, I had vitiligo over large areas of my body, and my skin doctor prescribed uvb 3 times/week for 18 months. Most of the vitiligo has gone and been stable for 5 years, thank God for that. Wish you luck, strength and patience in dealing with your problem you are going to need all but don't lose hope that's the main thing here.

• Posted

What treatments have you tried so far?

My son is 4 year old and was diagnosed with Vitiligo. We are doing Protopic twice daily. Also we are doing homeopathy orally which is a slow treatment for vitiligo, but has potential to cure it. It does not have any side effects, so worth trying. 

• Posted

nothing works.. for me I guess anyway.. I've just learned to accept it.

• Posted

even if you jave a million dollar it does not help as there is no cure yet

if a cure found i am going to pay your expenses while i get treated as well

so dont worry

• Posted

Jeff

You don't say what colour your skin is. If you are white this is much easier to camourflage. For starters - stay in the shade, wear long sleeves, a 50 sunscreen and a hat. A full spray tan which isn't that expensive is a good idea if you're going to the beach. Next, contact a skin camouflage clinic and have a consultation on creams that will help you colour -match the most obvious patches.

There will be a cure but in my experience, not yet. The most important thing at the moment is keeping control of your emotions about this and you will do this by feeling good about yourself again. I have lived with vitiligo for 50 years and only rarely get depressed about it because it is my secret and that's how I like to keep it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.