Multiple myomectomies

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I was curious if anyone has had multiple myomectomies. I had my first open myomectomy in June 2014 due to intense pain and am scheduled to have another in September. I don't have any kids and am nervous if it's the right decision. At the same time though, I can't get pregnant safely with the size of my fibroids and location. Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi,

i had myomectomy twice. first in the year 2000 and the second 2008. but if i had know about embolyzation. UFE i would not have done a second myomectomy. it is not advisable. your womb / uterus would be full of scar tissues and besides you will definitly be cut opened again if you are going to have a baby. it seems you grow fibroids fast. i would not advise a second myomectomy. go for Uterine Fibroid Embolyzation. is safer. its non invasive surgery / procedure. you can research on it. i regreted my second myomectomy because it still grew back a third time. this time very large and many. i decided to go for UFE and not go to the surgery table and be cut opened again like a pinyara a 3rd time. i had the procedure on the 4th of May and my symptoms are gradually dissapearing. no more pains and heavy bleeding. the fibroids are shrinking fast. hope this helps

• Posted

Hi there! I had one and it didn't work at all. Well, I will take that back, it worked for a few months to a year and then the pain came back. My doctor informed me that I could either live with the pain/fibroids, OR I could take the pill. Since I didnt want a hysterectomy, I opted for the pills. They worked a bit but made me sick: i was tired all the time. I mean all the time. All I wanted to do was sleep. I could barely make it through work. Soo i decided to find another doctor!!! Which led me to my UFE and at my 3rd month, it seems to be working. I am not in pain crying in the bathroom anymore. This month, the pain is very slight. VERY slight. I dont have to take meds FINALLY. I am not sure I would go through another myomectomy. But I am not sure about the UFE and kids...the research is unclear at least in my mind. Maybe someone else has insight on that one. Hope I helped in a round about way. :-)

• Posted

Hiya I was told I couldnt have anpther, I had one prev at aged 37. Worked great bit sire after obvs but wish I could have another. My docs want me to to have hyst but I a nt keen.
    • Posted

I have had a couple of surgeries and they didnt work. The UFE is proving to be "okay". Last month not much pain but this month-last night, was almost unbearable. I couldnt sleep worth anything but i am keeping hope alive. Its been right at 3 months soo....we shall see. 

• Posted

I had my first myomectomy in May 2016, my second in July 2016. This past Tuesday during a trip to the ER for heavy bleeding, I found out the fibroids are back. At this point I'm not sure what my next step should be. The pain is horrible now and I'm starting to feel like my life is on hold. My follow up with my surgeon is next Wednesday and I'm going to ask what other options are available because I am trying to have kids. Previously I was told that I had to have a myomectomy because of the number and size of these little monsters. But I'm concerned about having multiple myomectomies so close together and what that means for my uterus. I'm not even making it through the whole 3 month recovery period before these things pop back up.

• Posted

Hi,

Have you had another surgery? Could you feel your fibroids with the touch of your hand? I am just trying to figure out if ours are similar as I have pretty fast-growing ones as well.

• Posted

No, I think what I feel is scar tissue. I haven't had a third surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.