Palindromic Rheumatism

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with pain associated with PR? It gets much worse at night. I can be fine all day, but then by 7:00pm my shoulder , wrist, ankles and knees all are throbbing and the pain keeps me up at night.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried prednisone?  I use 5mg to dull the pain and allow me to get to sleep.
  • Posted

Ask your GP to let you try low-dose amitryptiline - less than 10 mg (I currently take 2.5 mg) it makes the difference for me between waking with pain and not.  There is NHS review evidence that this is effective for arthritis pain.
  • Posted

I use prednisone, 5-10 mg depending on the severity of pain.  It will dull the pain so you can sleep at night.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.