Encouraging words

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone who gave me words of encouragement with just being diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. I am gradually getting over the shock , doing some neck exercises and resting when i need to. The only other thing I am experiencing is odd pains just coming out of the blue in joints and bones. Does anyone else experience this? Also over whelming fatigue. Thank you to all who replied

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dingle Dell,

The symptoms of cs are varied and tiredness/fatigue certainly is up there with downright miserable pain.

I have had many symptoms from extreme pain in shoulders and neck, immense tingling in arms and hands, numbness in fingers and toes, spasmodic jerking in most of my body and limbs and heaviness in legs, also problems with bowel and bladder movement. If you are in the early stages hopefully you won't get to much too soon.

• Posted

Hi Mike

Thankyou for your reply. It does sound exactly how Im feeling, I use to be so fit and well and it suddenly came on with an avengance with extras! Feeling very down today as so tired too.(blame it on the weather) I want to be so positive of managing my life with this ..but have crumbled today.

• Posted

Ihave thesame as you, what Medicine are youtaking and did it help?
  • Posted

Hi dingle,

Yes I certainly had odd joint pains as well as burning, numbness, fatigue (fall asleep in the middle of the day). Definitely take breaks and give your neck a rest with plenty of support. Be very aware of your posture and try not to look down at say a phone.

At this point my symptoms (which had been changing regular, even throughout the day) have decided to settle on neck pain itself. I think perhaps a better sign than being all over the place. Good luck. If it's any consolation, I myself had about a 3 week period of zero symptoms so I believe the body can deal with it, just takes time and patience.

• Posted

Oh my lands, those sneaky spasms or jolts or shocks, whatever your preference may in calling them, can really sneak up on me. And it never fails it usually happens as I am sitting in a meeting next to one of the directors I support. I, sometimes, wonder what they think is going on with me.
  • Posted

Hi is tiny,

Sorry I missed your post. I take a combination of Gabapentin, Naproxen, Amatryptaline and morphine patch. This helps with pain and tingling but the severe jolting is not fully controlable. If I do anything to upset the balance then it reminds me not to. Once again sorry for missing your post. Mike

• Posted

Predictive text caught me out tristin21

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.