Operation for DNS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been given a date for straightening my DNS for this month but I'm not sure about whether I go ahead with it. Anyone had this?

And anyone found that it has helped. My nose is always blocked especially in colder weather.  I know a few people have said it works for a while then same problem occurs again, so is it worth the time off? Please can anyone advise. Not sure I want to go ahead with it especially if  the problem comes back again.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Brenada,

I had it done last year and yes I'm no better then before, so as of yesterday we are doing CT Scan again of my sinus,and I'm sure they are going to say I need another operation.

Problem being I have Bronchiectasis and the sinus is s big problem with trying to cope with BX,wish you luck with your decision.

Regards,

Charlie

• Posted

I had blocked nose and I had turbinectomy. Didn't work. My cousin had blocked nose and had DNS, didn't work

I strongly advice you to get a 2nd opinion.

You say that your nose is blocked especially in cold weather. That's more likely allergy - I have the same, cold + humidity, and have been researching it for year, have seen a doezenz of ENT and no surgery can fix it, moreover, it can make it worse. 

So what you need to do is to get a 2nd, possibly a 3rd opinion. How badly is your septum deviated? If it's only a very mild deviation, forget the surgery, they just want your money. Lots of ENTs would advice surgery just to make more money, not necessairly to your benefit.

If it's the cold wetaher which troubles you, you should try humidifiers, set the right temperature in your room and see if it helps. 

Sugery should be the very last resort

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your advise, I really am contemplating not going ahead with it, many people have said the same. My septum is only slightly deviated, but I do find it hard to breathe while I'm eating I have to stop and take breaths and then continue chewing. My head and ears always feel blocked with air and it is that which makes me think perhaps I should go

ahead with it. As for getting further opinions I don't have much time. I've been offered a date in 3 weeks time but have not said yes to them yet. 

But thank you for replying to me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.