Prolonged tiredness side effect?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been on Venlafaxine 3 months now and it's worked wonders on my depression and anxiety.   However I am still experiencing tiredness during the day (some days REALLY tired).   Will this eventually wear off, it's causing me some concern now?   Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

PS I'm on 225mg

• Posted

Hi Ian

I've been on them for about 8 weeks, I'm feeling the same but I'm not sure how long this stays for.

I'm going to research this drug a bit more and I'll let you know but if you find out before me, let me know.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Hi Neil:  I am on 225 mg of Venlafaxine for almost 14 years now.  I never felt or feel tired on it...

• Posted

Hello Ian: I have been on 225mg of Venlafaxine for almost 14 years now...It helped greatly with my acute anxiety...I am fine now.  No, I never felt tired from it...I feel fine, my only side effec is that I constantly sweat!  I hate that so much...I want to go off of it because of the sweating, but I am told that that withdrawals are brutal, so I am afraid to go off...
  • Posted

I thought it was just my age and lack of activity.  Seems like it should have adjusted if if were going to.  the more I read these posts the more I realize someone is bound to have a different side effect including the common ones.  Tell your MD.  Maybe you can switch. 
    • Posted

I am 67 and have been on Venlafaxine 225 mg for almost 14 years.  I am fine.  Not tired at all.  And it has greatly helped my anxiety...
    • Posted

It could be my age and lack of activity (this is what my wife tells me anyway - lol).   If I have a busy day (rare) then I don't seem to get tired.  Last year I had an op and because of that spent a lot of time housebound and got into a habit of being bored and taking lots of naps.  The venlafaxine has worked wonders on my depression and especially my anxiety.   I need to get out more now, I'm probably just stuck in a rut.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.