My kidney is full??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've been suffering from left flank pain for about two weeks now along with a pain in my lower left abdomen after every time I urinate. I don't have a burn when I uriniate and I don't have nausea/fever etc.

I went to have an ultrasound done today and they said that my left kidney is a little bit full but they're unsure why so I'm going to have a doctors appointment tomorrow evening.

No blood/cloudy urine. Just a dull ache in my left kidney along with some lower left abdomen pain when I urinate.

Anyone shed some light on this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm 22 years old and a male.

• Posted

Hi,

Could be that when you wee instead of all the wee draining out some is going back up into the kidney, but I am not a doctor or a man so best wait see what they say with the results.  Keep us posted

• Posted

Hey Helen,

Got my results.

Both kidneys are fine, so is my bladder however my left ureter is mildly dilated however I don't have any stones according the ultrasound. Think it's down to the lack of water I drink and far too much caffeine.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi,

Excellent news, more water from now on! great all is good.  See how you get on.  But if things flare up again go back and keep going back as it is important.  Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.